RC Daily Office on YouTube or other online video?

Does anyone know of a place online that has videos of people praying the Roman Catholic Daily Office (Morning and Evening Prayer, at least) for every day of the year, either live, recorded, or both (if live, preferably with recordings to watch afterwards, in case time zones do not line up)? Any that you would recommend? I seem to be able to find places, often monastic, on YouTube that post videos of Evening Prayer once or twice a week, but nowhere that posts videos of praying the office every day.

Comments

• Golden KeyGolden Key Shipmate
    Hmmm...a monastic house might want more privacy than that. Many, many years ago, there was a thread on the Vintage Ship for watching the...sorry, I'm blanking on the term...the container of the reserved Eucharistic elements at a monastery. IIRC, the monks felt they needed to take it offline. Or something like that.

I wonder if there might be anyplace that's a hub for videos/streaming of the Offices at *many* places, so you could (hopefully) always find something available.

FWIW. Good luck! :)
  • DavidDavid Shipmate
    This isn’t a direct answer to your question but may be of interest to others — the Community of the Resurrection live stream their Daily Office.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Purgatory Host, Epiphanies Host
    Golden Key wrote: »
    Hmmm...a monastic house might want more privacy than that. Many, many years ago, there was a thread on the Vintage Ship for watching the...sorry, I'm blanking on the term...the container of the reserved Eucharistic elements at a monastery. IIRC, the monks felt they needed to take it offline. Or something like that.

I wonder if there might be anyplace that's a hub for videos/streaming of the Offices at *many* places, so you could (hopefully) always find something available.

FWIW. Good luck! :)

I remember that thread although I'm not going to search for it because I have no idea what it might have been called. What you're talking about though is Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host, 8th Day Host
    I think it was the Blessed Sacrament Webcam thread
    Ah, thanks @BroJames. The original video link has gone but there might be others for anyone wanting to do Adoration times.
    Thx, BroJames.

NOTE: Some of the links on that thread have passed to new owners that not everyone may want to visit. The Monks of the Adoration site kept the name, but is now a cannabis site--with a comment about adoring cannabis! Something else on that page (not sure what) took me to a Russian gambling site. I'm running a virus scan, just in case.
  • DavidDavid Shipmate
    Golden Key wrote: »
    Thx, BroJames.

NOTE: Some of the links on that thread have passed to new owners that not everyone may want to visit. The Monks of the Adoration site kept the name, but is now a cannabis site--with a comment about adoring cannabis! Something else on that page (not sure what) took me to a Russian gambling site. I'm running a virus scan, just in case.

Holy smoke!
    LOL.
    Yikes, I should have known better than to suggest anyone try old links.
  • Alan29Alan29 Shipmate
    edited March 4
    Buckfast Abbey are livestreaming everything
    https://buckfast.org.uk/live
  • Alan29Alan29 Shipmate
    You can work your way round the map.
    https://benedictines.org.uk/our-houses
  • OblatusOblatus Shipmate
    There are lots of Episcopal churches in the USA YouTubing parishioners praying their Office; I'd be surprised if there weren't at least a few Roman Catholic parishes doing that, but I haven't found any yet. Just the regular Liturgy of the Hours (US) or Daily Office (UK and elsewhere) by the book.
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate
    There is All Saints, Margaret Street ... which is livestreaming absolutely everything they do and uploading to Youtube
    (Even if it's not Roman Catholic!)
  • Jengie JonJengie Jon Shipmate
    Walsingham RC shrine has morning and evening prayer on its livestream
  • Alan29Alan29 Shipmate
    Oblatus wrote: »
    There are lots of Episcopal churches in the USA YouTubing parishioners praying their Office; I'd be surprised if there weren't at least a few Roman Catholic parishes doing that, but I haven't found any yet. Just the regular Liturgy of the Hours (US) or Daily Office (UK and elsewhere) by the book.

Very few RC parishes celebrate the Office. It tends to be Mass or nowt. Maybe a muttered Morning Prayer by a pious few before weekday morning Mass, but thats about it.
    edited March 8
    Here in Chicago, the Canons Regular of St John Cantius pray the Rosary and Vespers (Evening Prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours) on YouTube.
  • finelinefineline Kerygmania Host, 8th Day Host
    The Redemptoristine nuns in Dublin (of recent online fame for doing a dance to the Jerusalema song) have been live-streaming their masses, their daily offices, and their adoration, since long before the pandemic. Here is their webcam, and you can click 'schedule' to see the times they will be worshipping.
  • Alan29Alan29 Shipmate
    fineline wrote: »
    The Redemptoristine nuns in Dublin (of recent online fame for doing a dance to the Jerusalema song) have been live-streaming their masses, their daily offices, and their adoration, since long before the pandemic. Here is their webcam, and you can click 'schedule' to see the times they will be worshipping.

My wife followed them on Sundays during the first lockdown and has been in contact with them. You couldnt hope to find a more joyous bunch of women.
    fineline wrote: »

The "Red Nuns"! It took me far too long to realize that their nickname refers not only to their red habits but also to Red-emptoristine. They're "red" in both senses.