Video Shipmeets

I have a suggestion. Could we set up an additional ship meet board in 8th day (or stand-alone) that is only readable by logged in shipmates and on there ship meets can be arranged and log in details can be shared.

Comments

• RuthRuth Shipmate
    It worked for Church of Fools 2, didn't it?
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
  • A post on a forum that only Shipmates can read will mean the meet host only needs to post the invite information once, saving needing to send a PM to lots of folk and keep an eye on PMs or the organisation thread (probably still in AS, because that's where we've always organised meets?) during the meet to send out more invites as needed. Less work for the person volunteering to host a meet sounds good to me.
  • I would also suggest that such shipmeets should have at least a week's notice, so that as many people as possible get a chance to know it's happening and can adjust their schedules accordingly.

(The more obsessive side of my nature would prefer a series of dates, covering at least the next 3 months)
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Excellent idea @Doublethink
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host, 8th Day Host
    Yes! Wonderful idea!
  • DoublethinkDoublethink Shipmate
    @Alan Cresswell so is this a goer ?
  • Yes. I've just posted a new thread in the 8th Day forum (should we get an application to use that forum for an experimental theme we'll work out a suitable alternative) in which people can post the links to a meet or other online event. The organisation of meets, setting a date and time etc, should be conducted as usual in All Saints or other suitable forum. But, once the link is known the host for the meeting can post that on that thread where all registered members of the Ship can see it. A single post there (and another post on the thread in AS saying the link is there) and the host can enjoy the meet without constantly looking for PMs or other posts asking for the invite link.

We ask that people use that thread exclusively for posting links to make it easy to find links without a lot of other chatter cluttering things up. And, if someone sees a need to share the link more widely they only do that with the explicit permission of the meet organisers and host.
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Yay!