Seeking music for Gospel of John passages in Greek

Autenrieth RoadAutenrieth Road Shipmate
edited April 17 in Ecclesiantics
I’m looking for musical settings of some of the sayings from the Gospel of John, in Greek, such as the I AM sayings. For example "ἐγῶ εἰμι ἡ ἀνάστασις καὶ ἡ ζωή" (“I am the resurrection and the life,” John 11:25).

My favorite example of this kind of thing in English is the hymn I am the bread of life. As part of learning Greek, and reading the New Testament in Greek, I’m looking for music to sing these sayings to in Greek.

Does anyone know where or how I could look for this sort of music? My google-fu is failing me.

Comments

• Given the hymn you link to is stuck in my memory as having a rather poor fit of words to music (the length and stresses of the verses varies enormously and there are enough slurred notes in the chorus to flex the syllable count too), can you just try and fit the Greek versions to the music?
  • I have no suggestions, but what a nifty idea!
  • Autenrieth RoadAutenrieth Road Shipmate
    edited April 17
    @Arethosemyfeet, the variable fit of words to music in that hymn is one of the things I like so much about it! I will see what happens if I set the Greek words to it. Thank you for the idea.

Still curious if there’s other music for these, or similar, Greek words.
  • I’m looking for musical settings of some of the sayings from the Gospel of John, in Greek, such as the I AM sayings. For example "ἐγῶ εἰμι ἡ ἀνάστασις καὶ ἡ ζωή" (“I am the resurrection and the life,” John 11:25).

My favorite example of this kind of thing in English is the hymn I am the bread of life. As part of learning Greek, and reading the New Testament in Greek, I’m looking for music to sing these sayings to in Greek.

Does anyone know where or how I could look for this sort of music? My google-fu is failing me.

I have sent a PM giving details of a possible source of information.