Theme Music

I think we need something light-hearted. How about this? For each of the forums on the ship, what background music would be appropriate for those reading it? For instance, would "Night on Bald Mountain" be appropriate for the Hell form?

Comments

• No, that would be a hideous distraction. Both words and music require attention, but in totally different ways. "Background" music is intrusive, and deserves a place in hell not heaven.
  • Some very tongue-in-cheek suggestions:

All of Wagner’s Ring cycle for Purgatory...

Hozier’s ‘Take me to church’ for Eccles...
  • 4'33 by John Cage for Oblivion.
  • Cameron wrote: »
    Some very tongue-in-cheek suggestions:

No! All of Wagner’s Ring cycle would be for Heaven!
    :smile:
  • Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Cameron wrote: »
    Some very tongue-in-cheek suggestions:

No! All of Wagner’s Ring cycle would be for Heaven!
    :smile:

Well, it would certainly make it feel like eternity...
  • Eutychus wrote: »
    4'33 by John Cage for Oblivion.

Thank you, sir. You have given me the best laugh I'll have all day.
  • This has to be an obvious contender for All Saints.
  • Nick TamenNick Tamen Shipmate
    edited November 2020
    Sipech wrote: »
    This has to be an obvious contender for All Saints.
    Well, I’m afraid it wasn’t obvious to me, given that I’d never heard it. :wink:

Especially today, I assumed the link would take me to this. Or perhaps this version, which I quite like: this.

Meanwhile, this is stuck in my head for Kerygmania. Sorry in advance.

• For Hell: Surely "The Devil Went Down To Georgia".
  • I'm suggesting "The Addams Family" theme for Oblivion. They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky...

(Actually, I considered nominating that for Ecclesiantics...but I was afraid it would just come across as being nasty....)
  • My first thought for All Saints was "When the Saints Come Marching In", very jazzy and lively.
  • I'm thinking "Eye of the Tiger" for purg.
  • For the debates in Purgatory about religious and faith topics: Jesus Was Way Cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJ-Wlacc-E

• I think that "The long and winding road" would suit many individual threads, especially those that go off on a tangent!
  • Sipech wrote: »

It was close to where I was thinking - hadn't narrowed down which song of theirs it was that was best known.

Don't Pay the Ferryman would be an shoe-in for Styx, I think.

And Liberty Bell for Circus? Is that too subtle?
  • Nick Tamen wrote: »
    Sipech wrote: »
    Well, I’m afraid it wasn’t obvious to me, given that I’d never heard it. :wink:

Especially today, I assumed the link would take me to this. Or perhaps this version, which I quite like: this.

Meanwhile, this is stuck in my head for Kerygmania. Sorry in advance.

OK so I clicked on your Kerygmania choice. I stopped listening when the robot recommended reading it backwards. Sounds a bit dodgy!
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Circus Host, 8th Day Host
    And Liberty Bell for Circus? Is that too subtle?

I'd go for Yakkety Saks, myself.
  • edited November 2020
    This for purg. Though 'doesn't have a point of view' would be others' comments on my posts, and perhaps mine on theirs, but rarely an honest self-reflection...
  • Cathscats wrote: »
    OK so I clicked on your Kerygmania choice. I stopped listening when the robot recommended reading it backwards. Sounds a bit dodgy!
    Well, I did apologize in advance.

• PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Stairway to Heaven anyone?
  • One of the Star Trek themes for Mystery Worshipper - boldly going where no-one has gone before... (unless it's a return visit!)