Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: St James, Islington, London

imageShip of Fools: St James, Islington, London

An engaging embrace and respect for traditions of worship

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• I enjoyed reading this report as St James is a church I visited a few times a couple of years ago. 'Modern Catholic' isn't my normal style but I felt very comfortable with everything they did there. There was no music group when I visited (perhaps this is something new?) but in all other ways Cool Dude's experience matched my own. I particularly noted his/her comment that the vicar 'spotted me as a newcomer and broke off from a conversation with his flock to greet me and chat' - exactly the same for me on my first visit!
  • Full marks to the vicar!

Father Helping-Us-Out (retired PTO) is very good at doing this, and has, I'm sure, helped to add some new members to Our Place's little flock in the past couple of years of interregnum.
  • Box PewBox Pew Shipmate
    edited July 2019
    The welcome to new comers and visitors is SO important - and so often neglected by churches.

Of course there are a few who over-do it with smother-love, but too many churches, sometimes even clergy, give the impression that they are not fussed either way if you join them for worship or not. So the 'welcome' question in Mystery Worshipper reports is valued.