Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: New rector installed, Church of the Epiphany, Tempe, Arizona, USA

imageShip of Fools: New rector installed, Church of the Epiphany, Tempe, Arizona, USA

Bishop installs new rector amid heavenly music and the sweet perfume of incense

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• Ashley FreemanAshley Freeman Shipmate Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    I am sorry my sermon was poorly delivered. That said, I will gladly take a 5 out of 10 if others walked away with your same summary. " God gave us his very best – Jesus! Go out and offer Jesus to the world – offer peace to everybody. Want to be part of what is best for everyone."

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. May God's peace be with you now and always.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    edited February 2019
    How nice to hear from you, Fr (or the Revd if preferred) Ashley.

Any service with "Let all mortal flesh" makes me ascend to the heavens at its singing.

Not sure how different the Enriching Our Worship 4: Supplemental Liturgical Materials book is from other US Episcopal service texts, but I was quite taken with this early prayer:
    O God of unchangeable power and eternal light: Look favorably on your whole Church, that wonderful and sacred mystery; by the effectual working of your providence, carry out in tranquility the plan of salvation; let the whole world see and know that things which were cast down are being raised up, and things which had grown old are being made new, and that all things are being brought to their perfection by him through whom all things were made, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
    (from here)