Praise & Thanksgiving

Comments

• Excellent news, @Lamb Chopped .
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Great news @Lamb Chopped
  • Lily PadLily Pad Shipmate
    Oh, Lamb Chopped, how wonderful. Thankful for all the good news here.
  • :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
  • TinaTina Shipmate Posts: 42
    Yay and amen! (And yippee!)
  • Wonderful, @Lamb Chopped 👍💼🎓💫
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
    I am so happy and relieved for all of you!

• Thank you!
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

It's when things like that actually happen that real happiness and relief set in
  • Penny SPenny S Shipmate
    That's good!
    And at last I have been contacted by the local council about getting volunteer help to keep me supplied while in the house, and the volunteer is getting my groceries this afternoon - she is an ex-pupil, and local councillor, Tory. That party has good people in it at the grass roots.
  • Fantastic news @Lamb Chopped - although realising Little Lamb is old enough for college takes a bit of re-calibration.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Well done, Lamb junior! :)
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Several days ago I made an order from Shipt for groceries to be delivered but was unable to place it because they had no time slots available. I've been trying to place the order ever since. I don't drive, and going to the grocery store myself would involve mass transit which I am nervous abut doing under the circumstances, so I was very distressed. Today a time slot opened up for tomorrow and I was able to place the order! I am so relieved!
  • Wonderful news, NicoleMR!
    :smile:
    Excellent news, @NicoleMR!
  • Excellent, @NicoleMR. I think I’d be worried about having to use mass transit to do grocery shopping too.
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    And another one from me. My cousins who are bringing supplies to my brother who has covid brought him Easter dinner today and say he looks much better. He also sounds much better on the phone. So thanks to God for that.
    Deo gratias, @NicoleMR. May he soon be healed completely.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Gratitude, Nicole. Prayers continuing.
  • North East QuineNorth East Quine Purgatory Host
    edited April 2020
    Beloved Goddaughter has got a place at Uni! Happy Dance!

I am such a proud Godmother!
    Well done BG! :)
    Huzzah, BG!
  • Excellent news @North East Quine Which Uni? (Hopefully one which means leaving home?)
  • North East QuineNorth East Quine Purgatory Host
    edited April 2020
    RGU. An awkward commute unless she gets a driving license and gets a car, so I'm hoping she'll leave home.

Longterm she'll be a better support for her mother if she has a decent job and is self-sufficient.
  • JapesJapes Shipmate
    Hooray for Beloved Goddaughter!
  • Lovely to see a small but important piece of good news, NEQ.
  • Lily PadLily Pad Shipmate
    This is great news. So happy for her.
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate
    Kathleen D in a Scottish hospital with Covid19 (aged 91!! ). She is astounding her doctor! Her condition has improved so much that he's planning to release her from hospital on Monday!
    My friend, her son, is an Evo so I will say "Praise the Lord!" (on this one occasion!)
    I've been praying up a storm for Kathleen and this news has made my day! Deo gratias.
    Excellent! :)
  • A very quiet celebration here today, seven good years after surgery for stage III melanoma.
    Also excellent! :)
  • EigonEigon Shipmate
    Yay! Our local launderette has re-opened! Hurrah for clean undies!
    edited April 2020
    The new cases reported in my county have dropped down to nearly single figures, after being in the hundreds just a week ago, and on a day when, over the last weeks, there has always been a spike up. (I suspected a reporting artefact on Tuesdays.) The other areas I have been monitoring are all in single figures now.
  • Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    cb’s mother in law Lorraine’s tested negative for Covid 19 and is being discharged today. Thanks to God and to you prayer warriors.
  • Woodpecker!

In the trees behind our garden!!
  • For safe deliveries of babies, including Boris and Carrie's little boy, and a little girl to Susi, daughter of friends. Hooray, hooray!
  • Ethne AlbaEthne Alba Shipmate
    Compost delivery seems like it might happen.......!
  • Thanks ascending that my en-suite shower room has been completely redone - including, first and best, the loo which never properly flushed in the 15 years or so since it was installed (we've only been here two years, I hasten to add).

Thanks that the house is big enough to enable the lads to have their own toilet facilities and refreshment station, and keep 2 metres away from us at all times.

Thanks that all the things which went wrong, and there were many, were all resolved without too much difficulty/distress, and the builders are still prepared to do more work for us when needed!

Mrs. S, can you tell I am Thankful with a capital T?
    Excellent, Mrs. S! :)
    Brava, Mrs. S!
    Prayers of thanks and gratitude for all this good news.
  • Excellent Mrs S. A a renewed bathroom is a great joy in a small way.
  • Oh is it ever!
    Thanks for, at last, a delivery slot, but with a sting in its tail, as I have offended against my Congregationalist Sunday observance upbringing. First, but listening to the little voice that suggested looking at Morrison's website very early this morning, and second, because I could bagsie a delivery, but only on next Sunday, so I did.
    I suspect the Almighty will make allowances in the current situation!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I can go to bed in peace now. I have been checking the "breaking news" section repeatedly as there was a 3 year old girl missing in Auckland. She has been found safe after gong to a longer than usual ride on her scooter.

Whew!
  • Heaven be praised, @Huia !
  • I don't think it's frivolous to give thanks for a long overdue haircut. I feel so much better!
  • As I saw on FB the other day, @Stercus Tauri -

'Who'd have thought that three months' hair growth weighed a stone? But that's what the scales say, so it must be right'

<killingme>