Animal companions in our happy homes

1282930313234»

Comments

• HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Just doing some research for my next needlework project. I have seen the saying One cat short of crazy. I am wanting to stitch it on a wall hanging.

Crunch question; How many cats is that?
  • Fewer than you want, and more than you oughtta.
  • Mr Alba was heard to murmer something about a dog today…..apparently it would have to be something very different to his previous dogs.

Last one reached the end of the road round about lockdown in spring 2020.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Lamb Chopped - that's brilliant, thanks
  • :blush: Stole it from the Old Ship, where someone used it about butter.
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Sounds like something Kenwritez would have said.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    LC, I'm still in awe. It takes a particular kind of genius to repurpose a remembered quote in a very different context.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    We had a wonderful, magical time this morning watching Echo work the meeting him in the sandpit back at school. His tail is even swishier and he’s even more handsome. He was paw perfect. He knew us the moment he saw us.

His trainer has a possible match for him so it will all happen quickly from now on. The two people with us are his holiday boarders who also fell for him, as everyone does. 🐾💕

https://youtu.be/4sV0JsE9Ueg
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Oh Boogie, he's gorgeous! :heart:
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host, 8th Day Host
    He's a beautiful Boy, Boogie!!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    edited September 7
    I am not very bright. I started playing a game with Aroha, throwing her kibble she had to race around to pick it up, sometimes using her paw to extricate it from where it lands. Guess who got tired of playing this first?

Also there are days when I need to leave the house early, so I put the kibble in a dish. I get The Look. She sits at a distance waiting... 😾

I guess there's always another bus I can catch.
  • I'm a tad sad - one of the Poor Cats that I feed was found dead by the other Feeder (while I was on holiday) We don't know what she died of, as she had seemed reasonably healthy when last seen. She was the last of the group known as Pugh, Barney, Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grubb, with the others disappearing or dying over the years. Cuthbert, for it was she, was so friendly for a stray, and we imagine she had been dumped as she was always demanding strokes and cuddles. I know the life of a Poor Cat is shorter, and harder, but she wadn't that old, and we had hoped to have her around for longer. There is only Shell, Tout Noir and Binkie left of the original colony of 15 - thanks to sterilisation of the females.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Poor Cat :cry:
  • So sorry for you and Poor Cat Cuthbert.
  • SnowgooseSnowgoose Shipmate Posts: 19
    Huia wrote: »
    I get The Look. She sits at a distance waiting... 😾

Huia, I am also in thrall to a game-loving cat. Each of the two kittens gets separate playtime before we go to bed. (First Miss Molly while Coco is closed in his room, then vice-versa.) Miss M is fairly easy to please, but Coco is extremely demanding. He gets tired of a game very quickly, then sits and gives me The Look until I come up with something new to amuse him. We played measuring-tape-under-the-door for three days straight this week (three days in a row is a lot for him) but now he is bored with that and I have to think of something else.