Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: St. Martin-in-the-Fields, London

imageShip of Fools: St. Martin-in-the-Fields, London

Radio broadcast conveys a different reality at this landmark church

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• Strange how perceptions can vary. I listened to this service and I'm afraid it did nothing for me. I also felt that the preacher - whose catchphrase about the Bible was a good one - forced the Bible reading's meaning to correspond to it: eisegesis rather than exegesis.
  • I understand it's possible to watch their sermon planning sessions; although I think it requires you to log in to a certain ubiquitous social networking site that I avoid for the good of my health...
  • I would avoid that too. The finished sermon is quite enough.
    I thought this sermon was neither eisegesis nor exegesis but a leap beyond reason. Since Winchester, I have been looking out for palindromes. 'You read the Bible/ the Bible reads you' is a good one, leading on to 'I am on fire with love for you/ ?....?
  • Any act of worship, be it singing hymns, prayer, sermon, or the Eucharist is a leap beyond reason...
    :naughty:

An interesting Report, though. This church is highly regarded in certain circles, so it's good to hear that it's still going strong, as it were.