Woooooooooooohooooooooo! <haunting>

*shiver* :fearful:
  • DafydDafyd Hell Host
    We have two nominations:
    Chelley;
    Gwai;
    And No Lynching

Please may we have your votes.
  • Hmm, the thing about the bird is that it makes Chelly look awfully like a pirate. Gwai could be a very clever double bluff. I went with the most talkative one and was so very wrong even though I thought my hunch was strong. It just goes to show how sneaky these killers really are. Hmmm, what to do, what to do. I really don't know, but I do feel we should lynch someone at this point in the game for surely at least then we'd have a decent chance of ridding ourselves of one killer. If we lynch an innocent though, then we really are in trouble. Hmmmm. Waiting for yet another night to fall and a killer to come along and pick one of us off isn't going to be good either. Hmmm.

[the coin flicks in the air and fate turns on the wheels of chance......oh, cruel fate are you a kind or scorning mistress?]

Lynch: Chelly
  • GwaiGwai Epiphanies Host
    I have explained all my reasons for everything and I don't really think I've been very suspicious either. I suggest not voting for me as lynching another innocent will bring us a lot closer to doom.

Vote: Chelley
  • BoogieBoogie Heaven Host
    Rover wanders round confused.

He keeps being wrong so he’ll go with the crowd this time.

Vote: Chelley
  • hmmh

follow the crowd ?
    the crowd has been wrong before, as we're all too painfully aware.
    And following the crowd did get me vehr, vehr dwunk that night , but then I wouldn't have ended up here. But then was that jumping of the frying pan and into the fire?

And now, with others already voting crowd-like (or sticking together ?) for Chelley, it leaves me, Phereniki and Miss Du Chat in the position of potentially having a casting vote

I'm as suspicious of Gwai as I am of Chelley, but in different ways
  • Singing from behind the grave;

Oogah oogah oogah chucka
    Oogah oogah oogah chucka
    I can't stop this feeling from way beyond the grave
    All that can be sung is that you best new brave
    The sharks are lurking far below, keep it up crew don't be jell-ell-o
    Ah ah ah ah hooked on believin'.....

• Miss du Chat is worried about following the crowd too. It has not gone well the last two times She sits and thinks through everything she knows, trying to start again from the beginning.
  • Wet KipperWet Kipper Shipmate
    edited April 2018
    Well, you and Phereniki seemed to conspire together previously in the nominating of Gwai, so I'd guess she, and potentially you, would follow that through to also voting for Gwai.
    - therefore I either vote with you, making it 3:3 with Chelley left to vote, and we wonder whether she will swoop down and defend herself (potentially unmasking her long-term, silent plan and condemning Gwai), or she doesn't vote which leads to a split vote and no lynching (which could still be a mafia ploy, but still might mean she's not really joining in at all)
    - or I vote Chelley and condemn her to lynching, regardless of which way you and Phereniki (and Chelley) vote, and we find out what Chelley has been up to all this time

unless something makes you two suddenly change your mind
    - and vote Chelley, so she gets lynched
    - or back down to "no lynching", which looking at the numbers would actually be helping Chelley have the majority of the votes anyway. - unless the 3 of us go "no lynching" and then we're in deadlock unless/until Chelley votes and we might not have a lynching at all, which we all seem to be in agreement is to be avoided
  • Miss du Chat looked up, wrung her hands and said, "What plan? With three votes already, it is likely that the vote will go to lynch Chelley. I don't know who is guilty other than of the seven of us left, two are Mafia, making 5 innocent and 2 Mafia. If we lynch Chelley and she is innocent, there will be 4 innocent and 2 Mafia. She has said so little, neither nominated anyone nor voted to lynch anyone, that there is nothing to suggest whether she is an innocent or Mafiosi."

"I just don't know," she wailed, rocking back and forth, "Gwai is saying things that sound as if she could be Mafiosi, and she has nominated and voted for people we know to be innocent, but that is true of us all."

"I am certain we do not want to lynch another innocent person and am not sure enough of the identity of any of the Mafia to want to vote for either Gwai or Chelley. If I vote for either Gwai or no lynching at this stage, the other votes could ensure that Chelley is lynched," she wrings her hands and continues rocking back and forth in indecision.
  • I feel landlocked in this sea! The lack of greenery is driving me a bit deranged.

I am standing by my nomination and voting:

Gwai
  • How come everyone else seems to be able to make the decisions so quickly ?
    Are they so assured of the guilt of one person against the innocence of the other ?

Are Miss Du Chat and I just worrying about these decisions too much

Miss Du Chat, I am going to help you out of your analysis paralysis

I may be misguided (and/or falling into the trap somebody is trying to set) but I am going to follow those who voted so decisively, and see what happens.

I Vote Chelley
  • I literally flipped a coin. Perhaps not the best ay to do things, but I can't really untangle any suspicions at this point.
  • Miss du Chat said, "Just for the record, I would have voted no lynching, had not three others already voted to lynch Chelley. Whatever I vote now will not make a difference."

Vote no lynching
  • DafydDafyd Hell Host
    Voting is closed.
    We have six votes;
    One No Lynching
    One for Gwai
    Four for Chelley.
    Chelley is lynched. She was innocent.

Night actions please.
    Gaah! I thought that sudden quiet was so suspicious, but no!
  • Miss du Chat looked around the crew wondering what would happen next.
  • Phereniki is most certainly feeling nervous now! She uses the extra space for a spot of yoga to calm herself but it has limited effect.
  • DafydDafyd Hell Host
    It is morning. A low mist hangs over the ocean and you are unsure where the horizon is.
    Gwai is dead. She was the detective.
    Nominations please.
    She stayed up late investigating and finally a clue seemed important. <i>I think I may finally have figured out who is causing trouble here. I'll find out in the morning whether [] has been sneaking out of their room in the night but I bet I'm right this time. Of course, if so, I have to figure out how to call out []. I wonder whether I can do it without dying. Well hell, why am I worrying about that. I'm not going to fucking survive this anyway. I'm one of a rapidly dwindling group of people on a lifeboat anyway. If I have to, I'll call out [] and identify myself and what I've been doing. Well, that's a job for tomorrow and it won't be easier if I don't stay up all night.</i>
    Except it would have been. There was a sound in the night and Gwai woke up. She jerked to a sitting position in her bunk <i>Ow, that was my head</i> only to see someone sneaking into the room. She opened her mouth to scream only to see that someone else was already in the room. It was [] and they were holding a knife. "Don't say a word, darling" they said with a nasty grin as they put the knife to her throat.

Gwai's last thoughts were "Well. That explains a lot."
    Ho hum, another one bites the dust!

And who was that ‘someone else’?
  • The plot thickens. Who would use the term, “darling?”
    Are there really only five of us left?!?
  • Miss du Chat looked up, "I've been worrying about this, and keep puzzling at the odds.
    There really are only five of us left, two Mafiosi and three innocents. If we lynch someone and they are innocent, the Mafiosi have won. If we vote for no lynching, the Mafiosi pick off someone else overnight, unless the doctor can protect them. We have two options - choose no lynching and lose overnight or go out in a blaze of glory lynching someone as we go. Personally I think we have nothing to lose at this stage deciding where our suspicions lie and lynching someone.

The other character who has been very quiet is Rover. What does everyone else think about Rover?"
  • Jonathon awoke to the hubbub of everyone talking. Sadly not in the tone of voice that suggested happy news.

Poor Gwai. What had they* done or said to deserve this?

did late night investigations get too close to the truth for the Mafia's comfort ?
    Has Gwai left us any other clues in previous days that we missed?

* (OOC) Gwai referred to the character previously as "guy" or "boy," but we seem to have been using "she" when discussing Gwai's actions - then the death scene started with "She", so I am a bit confused. Was there a bit of Shakespearian "girl dressed as boy" thing going on ?
    OOC: Original reason is that so many people referred to Gwai as a she that I figured I was wrong and hadn't introduced him as a guy. That and being too focused on the death scene to check. New reason is that this character is in the process of transitioning to female and so many people called her Gwai because they could tell what pronouns she actually preferred despite how she introduced herself. And by her last night, she felt safe enough to use them herself.
  • Curiosity killedCuriosity killed Shipmate
    edited April 2018
    Miss du Chat has been thinking, again. She murmurs to herself, "So we have five of us left:
    • Fletcher Christian - who I know as innocent - as the doctor I know he was targeted one night;
    • me - the doctor;
    • Jonathon - who puzzles me;
    • Rover - the dog - who has acted suspiciously;
    • Phereniki - who has been quiet, but whose actions could be interpreted in different ways.
    So of the three of whom I do not know anything for sure, which one of them is innocent and which two are the Mafia? The only chance we have of surviving is to identify one of the Mafia to lynch today. So who are the mafiosi?"

ooc: We'd all started referring to Gwai as female before Gwai was introduced - when I looked back /ooc
  • Eh, we aren't exactly doing too well here.
  • Yes, and the options are one of the innocents being picked off overnight, or going out in a blaze of glory - either by lynching the last innocent, or by fighting every step of the way.
    Miss du Chat says she’s the doctor - is that a fact or a claim?
  • Well, I know that there was an attempt to garotte Fletcher with a butter knife one night, and the only people who could know that is a Mafiosi or the doctor. The Mafiosi have no reason to publicise who is innocent, someone who is innocent does at this stage.
  • The Mafiosi have no reason to confirm or advertise anyone's innocence, true, but (and I admit this is a stretch), person Y claiming "I am the doctor, and I know I saved innocent person X for murder" is also a good (but risky/complex) way of making X and Y look innocent when they are really in murderous cahoots with each other, and trying to cover up maybe missing a "night time" deadline for action which meant nobody was killed. (or deliberately not killing anyone to throw us all off the scent - if so, Bravo!)

I'm now looking back to see if there is any further evidence for that to have been you and Fletcher (famous for his persistent nominations of the innocent Miss Amy), as it throws up more questions than answers, and is at the moment, not a firm enough basis on which to form a nomination

If Gwai's question on how you knew Fletcher was "innocent and attacked" was a clue, then bumping her off seems too obvious a move to imply guilt, either from you being Mafia directly or from Mafia trying to implicate you. But it might be so obvious that we're supposed to think "it's so obvious, they would never do that" in some sort of second guessing "do they think we will think that they think we've done this" kind of tangled way.

I've now tangled myself in knots - anyone fancy a bite to eat? Can't think straight when I'm hungry.
  • Is the doctor allowed to say they are the doctor?
  • Curiosity killedCuriosity killed Shipmate
    edited April 2018
    It's not usually a good survival technique, but when we're this close to being killed by the Mafia, desperate measures and all that.

[ooc] my daughter has just to me about a game she played where the doctor introduced himself as Dr X, an expert in emergency medicine [/ooc]
  • Could the doctor save themselves from being lynched?
    We only have your word for it that Fletcher was a target Miss Du Chat. For all we know that actual person aimed at could have been killed in a lynching or subsequent murder.

Are those sharks still about or is it worth making an attempt to swim to safety?
  • Well, I have been saying for several days that I am certain Fletcher is innocent ...
  • DafydDafyd Hell Host
    I haven't seen any nominations yet: you have twenty four hours or so.
  • well, as you said earlier miss Du Chat, we need to nominate someone to have a chance of winning.
    I'm just not sure who.

Maybe I can borrow Fletcher's decision making coin ?
    OK, Rover will jump in with all four paws and nominate -

Miss Du Chat

Dogs and cats traditionally don’t mix anyway.
  • "Well that rather makes my decision for me," replied Miss du Chat, "I nominate Rover".

Nominate: Rover
  • “I really am confounded. We know there is a doctor amongst us and two mafia and two innocents & we have two nominations already! I’m not really not sure how much more of this I can take. Fletcher, what are your supposedly innocent take on events?”
  • Is there a detective too, or does the doc double up?
  • No detective when the detective is killed, as this one has been when Gwai was killed last night.
  • DafydDafyd Hell Host
    Nominations are closed.
    Nominated are:
    Rover (Boogie)
    Miss Du Chat (Curiosity killed)
    No Lynching
    Voting closes 11pm Friday BST or thereabouts.
  • Gwai is dead? Damn it, I missed that. OK....I really have no idea who is telling fibs here. I am however surprised that I am still alive. Perhaps this was a ploy to have you lot lynch me or perhaps I have been protected by the doc. Looking at the timeline of events, I suspect I may have had protection......but...oh, I'm so confused.

Right, I'm going to nominate Rover.
    1. I'm a cat person
    2. It would certainly be a way of removing the doc having revealed themselves.
    3. My cat just chirped approval.

Nomination for lynching: Rover
  • As Rover has already been nominated for lynching, you may want to vote to lynch Rover, instead?

I am really not certain this is right - whether Rover is one of the two Mafia nominating me for lynching or whether Rover is the other unidentified innocent, nominating me as less trustworthy of those arguing the case. But as Rover has nominated me, I have to assume that Rover is Mafia.

Vote lynch Rover
  • Ooops, yeah ok. I vote
    Rover
    Rover doesn’t think Miss du Chat is the other innocent at all - she smells of guilty guilt.

Vote - Miss du Chat.
  • I do suspect Du Chat might be trying to play us.

Vote Du Chat
  • ChelleyChelley Shipmate Posts: 16
    Squawwwk came a ghostly sound overhead... The parrot had got lost again and as it circled the lifeboat it slowly realised it was dead... splosh!
  • ChelleyChelley Shipmate Posts: 16
    edited April 2018
    (The parrot had also forgotten its password to the new lifeboat... It had merrily remembered the old one for 10 years or so, but after 10 minutes with the new one... gone! So it started again!)

Once the ghostly bird had shaken its feathers down and looked around it squawked... I don’t trust that cat!