Timeless Test Continued

15678911»

Comments

• Simon Toad wrote: »
    Is there enough AV-gas in Britain to fly the England team out here?

I'm erring on the side of being more surprised if they go than if they don't. The players (and their families) are making the same sort of noises that the NRL players were before the Kangaroos pulled out of the RL World Cup.

We'll see anyway.
  • Hope so. We look like being open for business by the start of November, with crowds in Perth Adelaide and Brisbane already, and hopefully the MCG and SCG in Dec/Jan.
  • Apologies for going off-Test, but yesterday had a bizarre event near the end of the USA-Canada T20 qualifier match, which may be of interest (and, really, how many times am I going to be able to post anything about USA Cricket???):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNTK-kGg-AI
    USA did win the Super Over handily.
  • TelfordTelford Shipmate
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Apologies for going off-Test, but yesterday had a bizarre event near the end of the USA-Canada T20 qualifier match, which may be of interest (and, really, how many times am I going to be able to post anything about USA Cricket???):

With 3 runs needed to win, the fielding side should have realised that the batters would have to keep running till one of them was out.
  • Exciting!
  • Telford wrote: »
    Apologies for going off-Test, but yesterday had a bizarre event near the end of the USA-Canada T20 qualifier match, which may be of interest (and, really, how many times am I going to be able to post anything about USA Cricket???):

With 3 runs needed to win, the fielding side should have realised that the batters would have to keep running till one of them was out.
    No argument there. Canada screwed up. It's cricket, innit?
  • In fact I'm not sure why the US didn't go for a third run to win immediately?
    In fact I'm not sure why the US didn't go for a third run to win immediately?
    The one batter was really unaware of the situation.
  • Simon ToadSimon Toad Shipmate
    edited November 23

Superb stuff!!! Love to see Canada and the USA (and Ireland and the Dutchies) do really well in the tippedy run game.
  • I suppose you guys have heard that Tim Payne has resigned as Captain, having been caught sending what I believe to be a dick pic to a woman at Cricket Tasmania.

I personally would like to see Steve Smith or Dave Warner rehabilitated, but it looks like they are going to pick Pat Cummins, a bloody bowler. That never goes well. Bowler captains never take themselves off quickly enough.
  • The pic was sent a few months after his appointment to captain. I suppose CA hoped that it would never surface.
  • Hoping it would stay down, you mean?

I happily spent 90 minutes last night via the good offices of Zoom in the company of Graham Gooch, John Emburey and Richard Ellison, and very nice it was too. Highly amused to see that Grumpy's home office is in the attic, and it's got just the sort of tut in it that everyone else's attics have.
  • Hoping it would stay down, you mean?
    Ambiguity intended.
  • I couldn't possibly comment.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    That's quite clearly Not Cricket.

I'll fetch my coat ... :mrgreen:
    Simon Toad wrote: »
    I suppose you guys have heard that Tim Payne has resigned as Captain, having been caught sending what I believe to be a dick pic to a woman at Cricket Tasmania.

I personally would like to see Steve Smith or Dave Warner rehabilitated, but it looks like they are going to pick Pat Cummins, a bloody bowler. That never goes well. Bowler captains never take themselves off quickly enough.

It was never a problem for Richied Benaud. OK I accept that he wasn't a quickie and he could bat a bit. It was never a problem for Imran Khan and he was seriously quick.