Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Welcome Aboard!

Comments

• Thanks I've found them now (although not the results sadly). Maybe the hosts could come up with another SOF competition?
  • For the Laugh Judgement the funniest religious joke was the Man on the Bridge and the Girl on the Cliff for the most offensive.

Here are the results from Chapter and Worse
  • Welcome, Rublev. Piglet has beaten me to the usual hints. Enjoy the voyage.

Lothlorien, AS Host
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    It's possible they're on the Old Ship boards - link in the top paragraph of the home page.
  • Yes, they have already been done, not sure if they still exist. In 2005 the ship ran a board called The last Judgement and the best religious joke was part of it. Unfortunately, the actual results have been lost to progress. You can find what else is left of it from google.

Now worst Bible verse which was a thread in 2009 so please have a look here.
  • Thanks for the signposts everyone. They are both very thought provoking The 10 worst verses should be mandatory for discussion at theological colleges. And the jokes should be a required part of the selection process. That would ensure that clergy with the necessary GSOH for ministry were appointed. Hope you will follow them up with something equally original.
  • And was Anglican2009 finally revealed as a host in disguise?
  • Well, it's about time! I have been away for quite a while. (I used to post here as "Pax Romana.") I'm glad to be back, and I hope to get acquainted with the group again ASAP. A great deal has happened since I was last here.
  • I think I remember you! Welcome back!
    Welcome back, Author Diva! As you've been here before, I can dispense with the hostly newbie advice and just say "happy sailing!" :smiley:
  • Welcome back from me too to the new Ship. Enjoy your new bunk here.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Welcome back, Pax...er, AuthorDiva!
  • Welcome back!
  • God_dontmakenojunkGod_dontmakenojunk Shipmate Posts: 2
    Hello!! Just come on board! Looking forward to the voyage!

• Welcome aboard. You can help make your voyage smooth by reading the ten Commandments and by getting a feel for each board by reading through some topics. Piglet and I host All Saints and ensure smooth running. Any problems, you can email or send a private message.

Find your bunk and settle in.

Lothlorien, All Saints Host

• God_dontmakenojunkGod_dontmakenojunk Shipmate Posts: 2
    Aye, aye Cap'n..and thanks!
  • Not Cap’n. Hosts are crew. Simon is Captain.
    Welcome indeed, God_dontmakenojunk, and happy sailing!

Piglet, the other AS host
  • North East QuineNorth East Quine Purgatory Host
    Welcome!
    Welcome aboard, God_dontmakenojunk!
  • May1995May1995 Shipmate Posts: 5
    Thanks for the pointer Piglet. After a time in wilderness due to illness I am having an amazing faith reaffirming time.
    edited March 2019
    Glad to hear it, and long may it continue!
  • Hello! I’m back after a very long gap. Unfortunately, I can’t remember what my name was on the old boards 😳 Anyway, it’s good to be back. 😎
    Well, welcome back anyway!
  • Welcome. I wondered if you had changed your name.
    Welcome back, McMaverick! :smiley:
  • CaraCara Shipmate Posts: 14
    Hello again everyone, I haven't been around for a while, so I'm checking in...I've missed the Ship, no particular reason that I can recall for drifting away, unless it was that it was becoming a bit too addictive and time-consuming! Hope to be able to be more controlled this time around...good to see many of the same names.
    Welcome back, Cara! :smile:
  • Welcome to the new Ship, Cara
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Welcome back Cara.
    Welcome back, Cara.
  • Hi everyone. I'm presently an Eastern Orthodox Christian living in the USA but strongly pondering a move to the Episcopal Church (also looking at Methodism) more for family reasons than a sharp change in conviction. To be clear, I haven't been the sort of arch-conservative O'dox who looks at Anglicanism or other Christian bodies as a graceless massa damnata so it is not as momentous a shift for me as it might be for some. This seems like a great forum for thoughtful discussion of Christianity in general and I look forward to participating. Thanks.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Welcome, SirPalomides! I hope you enjoy your voyage with us!

Also, welcome back, Cara!
    Welcome SirPalomides!
    Welcome indeed, SirPalomides!

If you take a look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links on the home page), they should tell you all you need to know about what's what and who's who.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, All Saints host
  • Welcome to you from the other host down here. Good advice given by Piglet.

Lothlorien, AS Host
  • ZappaZappa Shipmate
    Nice to see you, Sir Palomides

We're all just travellers here! Enjoy the float.
    Hi everyone. I'm presently an Eastern Orthodox Christian living in the USA but strongly pondering a move to the Episcopal Church ...
    Welcome, SirPalomides. (The Episcopal Church welcomes you!)

• DogtoothDogtooth Shipmate Posts: 1
    Thought I'd re-enlist after jumping ship a few years ago. I like the look of the new boat...
    Welcome back, Dogtooth - if you were on Ye Olde Shippe™, you won't need any introductory spiel ...

Good to see you back!

Piglet, AS host
  • Welcome back from me too.

Lothlorien, AS Host
    Welcome back, Dogtooth!
  • caroline444caroline444 Shipmate
    edited May 2019
    Just a note to introduce myself and say I'm happy to be here! I'm Caroline, 67, and from the UK. Slowly edging my way from atheism into something else. Not yet sure what that something else is, but enjoying my explorations. Have been reading Richard Holloway, Francis Spufford and John Polkinghorne with great interest. Further recommendations much welcomed.
    Welcome Caroline!
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Caroline, welcome! I hope you enjoy your voyage with us!
  • Many thanks Nicole and jedijudy!
  • Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    Hi Caroline, welcome on board.
  • BoogieBoogie Heaven Host
    Dogtooth wrote: »
    Thought I'd re-enlist after jumping ship a few years ago. I like the look of the new boat...

Hey hey - I like your name. 👋🏽

Welcome aboard, Caroline! If you take a minute or two to look at the FAQ and 10 Commandments pages (links at the top of the home page), they should tell you all you need to know about the boards, and what's what and who's who.

Happy sailing with us!

Piglet, AS host