Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Welcome Aboard!

PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
It was pointed out on another thread that the Welcome thread seems to have fallen into the briny during the move, so here's a nice shiny new one.

If you're new to the Ship, or back after a break, do please introduce yourself here and we'll point you in the direction of the teapot/drinks cabinet/comfy sofa.

Comments

• RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Thank you, Piglet! (It's good to have you back.)
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    I was only sort of away ... :mrgreen:
  • In case you haven’t twigged from the initials and what the avatar duck is slurping, I am (was) Foaming Draught. Good to see familiar faces - I’ve missed you!
    edited March 2018
    Good to see you back, FD, and I love your wee avatar friend!
  • Rainbow pixieRainbow pixie Shipmate Posts: 4
    Hi.! Have returned after years of inactivity and with name change! Looking forward to catching up.
    Welcome back, RP! :smile:
  • I noticed Erroneous Monk has returned (on the Prayer thread). Good to see you again, EM!

IJ
  • Sanctuary KnaveSanctuary Knave Shipmate Posts: 6
    Hello. I suppose this is the place to introduce myself. Greetings from the Netherlands.
    Welcome aboard, Sanctuary Knave! :smile:

If you're new-new, have a look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages which will tell you what's what and who's who; if you're an old hand with a new name, then welcome back!
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Having finally got aboard the new Ship, how do I go about changing my avatar?
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Welcome Robert Armin, glad to see you. You can upload a new avatar through your profile.
    Welcome back, RA! :smile:
  • LyraLyra Shipmate Posts: 2
    Hi all. I'm back on board after some years away. Same name but I re registered because I lost my password etc. Hope to find some old friends, and many new!
  • Welcome. Make yourself at home.

Lothlorien, AS Host
    Indeed - welcome back Lyra! :smile:

Piglet, another AS host
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    NicoleMR wrote: »
    Welcome Robert Armin, glad to see you. You can upload a new avatar through your profile.

Thank you!
  • wheresthetorchwheresthetorch Shipmate Posts: 9
    Hi everyone.

I've just been recommended for training for ordination following a BAP earlier this month, and am looking to start part-time training this autumn - very excited!
  • LeRocLeRoc Shipmate
    I like the screen name "wheresthetorch".
    LeRoc wrote: »
    I like the screen name "wheresthetorch".

Thank you - several reasons for it, but none interesting enough to recount!
  • Welcome wheresthetorch - if you look a bit further down the All Saints list, there is a vocations thread, where people are supported through the full gamut of callings.
    Welcome wheresthetorch - if you look a bit further down the All Saints list, there is a vocations thread, where people are supported through the full gamut of callings.

Thank you - still finding my way around, but I'll mosey over and take a look (and seek some advice re theological colleges).
    Welcome aboard indeed, wheresthetorch! If you take a few minutes to look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links at the top of the page), they should tell you all you need to know about the various boards.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host
    Piglet wrote: »
    Welcome aboard indeed, wheresthetorch! If you take a few minutes to look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links at the top of the page), they should tell you all you need to know about the various boards.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host

Ta muchly.
  • Welcome from me too. I see others have pointed you to the Vocations thread while I was still asleep.

Lothlorien, AS Host
  • At long last, I've arrived. Didn't you see my dog-paddling in the Ship's wake all those miles?
    Hi, everyone!
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Hi churchgeek! Glad you caught up with us.
  • Lily PadLily Pad Shipmate
    Here I was thinking you just wanted to make a fashionable late entrance! Have a towel!
    Hello Churchgeek - welcome back! :smile:
  • GerrarrdusGerrarrdus Shipmate Posts: 3
    Hi all. Finally having a kind of day off, I've found these forums from the Facebook page. To wish you all a holy and happy Easter.

I'm Gary Alderson. By day I work in Reverse Logistics. By night I masquerade as an Archdruid, the vicar of an imaginary benefice near Banbury, and, somewhat unexpectedly, as the author of a book, Writes of the Church.
  • Welcome Gerrardus, I recognise you from Twitter (as will a few others) and am surprised that you've just found these forums, because you seem such a good fit. I'd been wondering if you were here and, if so, who you were for a while . The imaginary benefice has been linked to and mentioned in the past.

Wishing you a holy and happy Easter too.
    Welcome aboard, Gerrarrdus - you'll find most of the information you need about the Ship and the various boards in the 10 Commandments and FAQ links at the top of the page.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host
  • Sail on! welcome.

Lothlorien, AS Host
    Welcome to the New Ship, churchgeek, and welcome altogether, Gerrarrdus!
  • GlasgowRoseGlasgowRose Shipmate Posts: 4
    Hello peeps, I'm new here. <waves ftom Glasgow>

What kind of gin have you got?
    edited April 2018
    Welcome aboard, GlasgowRose!

If you take a minute or two to check out the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links at the top of the page), they should tell you what's what and who's who on the various boards.

What a classy name - do you mean like this? My Better Half and I have been barmy about Mackintosh's work for over 20 years, and every chance we get (sadly not very often these days as we live Abroad) we make a pilgrimage to one of the Glasgow museums, galleries or coffee shops to go and gaze at his architecture - we even have a (fake!) Swallow chair. :smiley:

As regards GIN (always in capitals!), we have any variety your heart desires: bring your own tonic, ice and lemon (or other fruits/vegetables if you insist). :mrgreen:

Happy sailing!

Piglet, All Saints host
    Ah, thank you. I see you have Makar Old Tom from just just down the road. Just some ice I think, I don't want to spoil it with tonic.

[looks around warily to see if there are any jolly Peterhead fisherfolk waiting to take the piss while I find my sea-legs]
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Churchgeek - we wanted to see if you could do butterfly as well :smile: Glad you made it.

Gerrarrdus and Glasgow Rose - good to have you aboard.
    Welcome aboard, GlasgowRose! I favor Tio Pepe myself, but the GIN cabinet is nicely filled.

• Welcome, Glasgow Rose. GIN as my co-host wrote? I’m from Australia so can’t help you with one local to you. I have several of the usual suspects but local distilleries are increasing here and their products are well regarded worldwide.

Lothlorien, AS Host
    If you can get it, I'd recommend Kirkjuvagr, a GIN from Orkney, as I'm originally from there too.
    edited April 2018
    When it comes to liquid products of Orkney, I prefer Highland Park (whose distillery I have toured), preferably 18 (but the 12 is better than the 15). I'm not much of a GIN drinker.
    Highland Park is my all-purpose single malt of choice too. I'm partial to The Macallan too, and when I'm in the mood for it I love a Laphroaig or, better still, Ardbeg. Soon it will be the time of year to catch the early bus to Kennacraig and thence CalMac ferry to Port Ellen for a couple of days on Islay. It can, just about, be done in a day but you don't get much time to enjoy the produce before you have to go back.

Did I see ice cream available? We here in Scotland like our ice cream!
    Absolutely, GlasgowRose!
  • EmilyBEmilyB Shipmate Posts: 4
    Hello! I have been a lurker here for years. It started with idle curiosity but I became more & more interested and have learnt such a lot from you all! And today I managed to pluck up courage & actually go to church. Thank you all so much - if it weren't for this site, I never would have done it.
  • Wow, welcome EmilyB. Hope your church also gave you the right kind of welcome.
  • EmilyBEmilyB Shipmate Posts: 4
    Yes, they were very welcoming & I didn't feel at all out of place. I shall definitely be back next week. I wish I hadn't taken so long to 'take the plunge', so to speak.
    Welcome aboard indeed, EmilyB! :smile:

As you're a long-time lurker, you're probably familiar with how the boards work, but if you have any questions, the FAQ and 10 Commandments pages should tell you all you need to know.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host
    Welcome aboard, EmilyB!

• Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    Welcome EmilyB!
  • Welcome too from me.

Lothlorien, AS Host