Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Welcome Aboard!

Comments

• North East QuineNorth East Quine Purgatory Host
    Welcome, GlasgowRose and Emily B.

I am from north east Scotland, GlasgowRose, but not as far north east as Peterhead!
  • Gerrarrdus wrote: »
    Hi all. Finally having a kind of day off, I've found these forums from the Facebook page. To wish you all a holy and happy Easter.

I'm Gary Alderson. By day I work in Reverse Logistics. By night I masquerade as an Archdruid, the vicar of an imaginary benefice near Banbury, and, somewhat unexpectedly, as the author of a book, Writes of the Church.

I have just looked at this thread and was very pleased to work out what "Reverse Logistics" is. Our household reverse logistics team collected our rubbish/trash this morning although we do a fair amount of the work by separating garden waste, plastics and tins, glass, cardboard, compostables and clothes/shoes/minor electricals and paper from household. That is seven containers.

Keep up the good work (on both fronts).
  • SnowgooseSnowgoose Shipmate Posts: 23
    I haven't been around the Ship for a while, so hello (again) everyone!
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Welcome back, Snowgoose!
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Welcome back indeed! :smile:
  • Hello, Snowgoose. Good to have you back.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Good to see you Snowgoose.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Hi Snowgoose!!
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Good to see you back, Snowgoose.
  • SnowgooseSnowgoose Shipmate Posts: 23
    Thanks for the welcome. It's good to see y'all again.
  • GrayfaceGrayface Shipmate
    GreyFace renamed. Hi peeps x
    Welcome back, Grayface! :smile:
  • Welcome back GrayFace
  • Hi, Greyface.
    Howdy, Greyface!
  • GiancarloGiancarlo Shipmate Posts: 33
    Hi, girls and guys! I'm Giancarlo.
    I'm a Lutheran from Brazil, migrating to the Episcopal Anglican Church of Brazil this month, where I'll seek ordination.
    It's good to be here.
    Pax et bonum!
    Hello, and welcome, Giancarlo!

If you take a minute or two to look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ links at the top of the Forums page, they should tell you all you need to know about the Ship and the various boards, what's what and who's who.

Happy sailing with us!

Piglet, All Saints host
    Thanks, @Piglet !
    Welcome aboard, Giancarlo!

Thank you, @Rossweisse !
  • David MorrisonDavid Morrison Shipmate Posts: 2
    Having made my decennial post I realised that I should have placed it here. Please read it under "Thank You" in The Styx.
    Welcome (back), DM, and don't feel you have to wait another ten years before you post again! :smile:
  • JabberwockyJabberwocky Shipmate Posts: 2
    It's been about 11 years since I originally joined the Ship and I've been AWOL for a long time. Shipmates in the past helped me through some difficult times and made me very welcome then.
  • LothlorienLothlorien Glory
    edited June 2018
    Welcome back, Jabberwocky. Take your time to settle in.

Lothlorien, AS Host
  • Welcome back, David and Jabberwocky.:-)
    Welcome indeed - whether you post once a day or once a decade, we're always pleased to see you.

And if we can make a difficult time less horrid, then so much the better.
  • MatrixMatrix Shipmate Posts: 8
    So, I just jumped off the dock, expecting land in my old seat and got drenched. Who moved the ship?
  • EutychusEutychus Shipmate
    You might have inadvertently discovered the New Ship's periodic log-out feature that requires you to log in again about every six weeks or so. Towel?
  • BarnabasBarnabas Shipmate Posts: 31
    Hello. Having just started mildly grumbling on another thread I realised I hadn't properly introduced myself. I'm what we used to call at university a wishy-washy liberal Anglican. Live in a market town, work in a much bigger town next door and worship in a small village with all the joys, frustrations and eccentricities of the rural Church of England. It's very nice to make the occasional post have enjoyed reading others for some time.
  • Welcome, Barnabas to Ship life. Take time for a good look around to see how things work. Enjoy your voyage.

Lothlorien, All Saints Host
    Welcome indeed! Anything you need to know should be covered by the 10 Commandments and FAQs, links on the home page.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, the other AS host
    Welcome, Barnabas!
  • Hello again

I was a member of the old boards, joined in 2006, and at some point got out of the habit of posting. But I have always had an affection for the Ship and have always meant to get back to posting one day. How long have you had this new software thingy?
  • Welcome back Pure Sunshine, I do remember you from before. The board was open to u oiks of Shipmates on 28 February. The hosts and admins were here for several months before us, so I should be ashamed I caught up with their numbers of posts.
  • Welcome back. Enjoy the smooth sailing in this new vessel.
  • Thanks!
    Welcome back indeed, Pure Sunshine! :)
    Welcome back, PS!
  • Thanks, and hello again!
  • Circuit RiderCircuit Rider Shipmate Posts: 6
    I was away from the ship a while, and when I came to check in I found a new ship!
    I'll be checking in a little more often now.
    Welcome back! :smile:
  • LothlorienLothlorien Glory
    edited July 2018
    Good to see you, Circuit Rider
    Welcome back, Circuit Rider!

• Hello :)
    Not been around for a few years, I was heavenly anarchist before. I thought I’d come and have a look round the shiny new board.
    I’m not sure whether I will be posting regularly but if I do it will be around heaven and all saints, I have bipolar disorder so prefer to remain in the sunshine for my sanity.
    Looking forward to chatting
    Annie
  • North East QuineNorth East Quine Purgatory Host
    Welcome back, Heavenlyannie!
  • Hi Heavenlyannie. A lovely sunny morning for you to be here. Late winter, early spring in Sydney. Welcome.
    Hello Heavenlyannie, and welcome back! It's been a lovely day here too - sunny and warm but not too hot or humid. :)
  • Welcome back Heavenly Annie. Hope you can keep in the sunshine - it's supposed to be warm again next week.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Welcome back, Heavenlyannie! Hopefully you'll feel the warm sunshine of friendship here in All Saints, and in Heaven, too!
    Welcome back to the Ship. Heavenlyannie!