Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Welcome Aboard!

Comments

• TubbsTubbs Admin Emeritus
    Eliab wrote: »
    Hallo shipmates

I am back after having stroke

I have missed you a lot

Bear with me, my eye sight was affected

Eliab

Lovely to see you!!! We / I have missed you too. Sorry to hear your news and hope things will improve.
  • Thank you for the welcome back

Lovely to be back

I should say something about resigning as Purg host

Eliab
  • LeafLeaf Shipmate
    Eliab, Branch & I are very sorry to hear about this. What a shock for you and your family. Hoping for the best recovery possible for you.
  • Oh dear! Good to see you back, and sorry about the stroke! (husband had one of those two years ago. May your recovery be as good as his one was!)
  • Yes, indeed. Prayers from us.
  • Paul VigorPaul Vigor Shipmate Posts: 2
    Greetings matelots!
    I'm new to SoFs - found you whilst searching for half-remembered worship song lyrics! I'm a longstanding Greenbelter who likes Tolkien and a nice cup of tea!
    All the best,
    Paul
  • Glad to have you aboard, Paul. There are a number of Tolkien fans around (and a few Tolkien haters).
  • BoogieBoogie Heaven Host
    Paul Vigor wrote: »
    Greetings matelots!
    I'm new to SoFs - found you whilst searching for half-remembered worship song lyrics! I'm a longstanding Greenbelter who likes Tolkien and a nice cup of tea!
    All the best,
    Paul

Welcome to you @Paul Vigor - hope you like it here. :)

• welcome!
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Welcome aboard, @Paul Vigor - I can help with the tea but not the Tolkien!

If you take a minute to look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links on the home page) they'll tell you what you need to know about what's what and how the different Boards work.

Meanwhile, happy sailing!

Piglet, All Saints host
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Welcome @Paul Vigor !
  • Hello!
  • CaraCara Shipmate Posts: 14
    I do this every so often, sorry, it's getting boring, but I am wanting to come back after another bit of time away...The being away is never for any reason, except enjoying this place too much and not getting enough else done! Lovely to see so many familiar names still here, which makes me feel at home, and want to say hello!
  • DoublethinkDoublethink Admin, 8th Day Host
    Ello :)
  • CaraCara Shipmate Posts: 14
    Ello :)

Thank you, Doublethink!
  • Welcome back Cara!
    Welcome back indeed! :)
  • Welcome back, Cara.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Cara wrote: »
    I do this every so often, sorry, it's getting boring, but I am wanting to come back after another bit of time away...The being away is never for any reason, except enjoying this place too much and not getting enough else done! Lovely to see so many familiar names still here, which makes me feel at home, and want to say hello!

Welcome back, @Cara. Advent always feels to me like the season for returns and reunions!
    Welcome back, Cara!
  • Hello and Happy New Year everyone! I’m not actually new, I’ve been here for many years but I never posted much (though I used to come here and read every day) and for the last couple of years haven’t posted at all. I’m now back reading regularly and really want to start posting more so thought I would break the ice by re-introducing myself on here.

A lot of things have changed for me over the last few years (mostly good!) and there are more changes to come as I am retiring from work at the end of this month - feeling nervous and excited about that. But mostly excited!
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Welcome back, Nuthatch, good to see you again.
  • I was thinking of you last week!
    Glad to see you back and sounding positive
    Welcome back indeed, Nuthatch - good to see the wee birdie in your avatar again! :)
  • Good to see you again, Nuthatch!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Hi Nuthatch, good to see you again. For me retiring has been the best job I ever had. I hope this is so for you too. :smiley:
    Welcome back, Nuthatch!
  • Welcome back, Nuthatch!
  • Thank you for the welcome everyone :smile:
  • SandydogSandydog Shipmate Posts: 1
    Shipmate joining at the lowest level. Hi, everyone!
  • Welcome Sandydog! Feel free to come up on deck, no need to stay on the lowest level!
    Welcome aboard, Sandydog!

If you take a look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links on the homepage), they'll tell you all you need to know about what's what and who's who on the various boards.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Hi there!
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    A warm welcome @Sandydog from me too.

Sarasa, very new All Saints Host
  • Welcome aboard, @Sandydog
  • Hi, Sandydog, welcome.
  • BoogieBoogie Heaven Host
    Sandydog wrote: »
    Shipmate joining at the lowest level. Hi, everyone!

Welcome - I like your avatar!

🐾🐾

• Kannas an AweylKannas an Aweyl Shipmate Posts: 40
    I've been a lurker for years. Finally signed up
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    A very warm welcome to the Ship @Kannas an Aweyl . If you've been around a while you probably know about the 10 Commandments and FQA, but if not there is a link on the home page.
    Happy Sailing

Sarasa, All Saints Host
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Welcome @Kannas an Aweyl ! Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom!
    Welcome indeed, @Kannas an Aweyl!

Piglet, another AS host
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome @Kannas an Awey! (I’m intrigued by your name - what language is it?)
  • Kannas an AweylKannas an Aweyl Shipmate Posts: 40
    Priscilla wrote: »
    Welcome @Kannas an Awey! (I’m intrigued by your name - what language is it?)

Thank you for the welcome. The language is Kernewek (Cornish)
    Ah! 💡

I'd been wondering too.
  • MinnersMinners Shipmate Posts: 1
    Piglet wrote: »
    It was pointed out on another thread that the Welcome thread seems to have fallen into the briny during the move, so here's a nice shiny new one.

If you're new to the Ship, or back after a break, do please introduce yourself here and we'll point you in the direction of the teapot/drinks cabinet/comfy sofa.

hello. I chose 'Minners' because it was my nickname at Mirfield back in the early 60s I'm now a retired Old Git from the Bristol diocese (latterly St.Mary's Fishponds) and living in the Forest of Dean. Also a 'Cousin Jack' - ex pat Cornishman from Penryn. Happy and privileged to join SOF

• Welcome, @Minners!!
    Welcome aboard, Minners! :)

If you check out the FAQ and 10 Commandments pages (links on the homepage), they should tell you all you need to know about what's what and who's who on the boards.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host
  • Welcome Minners!