Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Welcome Aboard!

Comments

• MSHBMSHB Shipmate Posts: 17
    Another one who looked in after an absence, and noticed the new Ship. I can see a lot of familiar faces, and one or two new ones.

My original name on the Ship was Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz, but that proved unwieldy and eventually I shortened it to MSHB.
  • Welcome MSHB. I wondered if you not seen new ship.
  • Welcome back MSHB - didn't you rename yourself something to do with Small Hobbits on one thread?
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Welcome back, MSHB! I remember when you were known as Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz! I always thought that was a cool name.
  • finelinefineline Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Welcome back, MSHB. I remember your name, and never realised it was short for Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    fineline wrote: »
    ... never realised it was short for Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz.
    Neither did I - welcome back! :)
  • Hhi MSHB, I remember your name! Welcome back.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Welcome back, MSHB!
  • CarysCarys Shipmate Posts: 25
    Another former shipmate climbing back aboard
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    MSHB wrote: »
    Another one who looked in after an absence, and noticed the new Ship. I can see a lot of familiar faces, and one or two new ones.

My original name on the Ship was Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz, but that proved unwieldy and eventually I shortened it to MSHB.

It moved through Middle Shire Hobbit Brigade IIRC, although (and from dim memory) you don't live in the middle of the Shire but the south-west of it. Welcome back
    Welcome back, Carys! :)
  • Welcome back Carys
  • JapesJapes Shipmate
    Waves at Carys! Welcome back.
    Welcome back, Carys!
    It's nice to see you here, Carys!
  • Used to be a shipmate many moons ago under a different name. Thought I'd pop in again.
  • Welcome back!
    Welcome back, magnilo! What was your name on the Old Ship?

• Rossweisse wrote: »
    Welcome back, magnilo! What was your name on the Old Ship
    Do I have to say? :blush:

Not at all - welcome back anyway! :)
    I suppose not, but it hardly seems sporting. Welcome back regardless, magnilo!
  • RuthRuth Shipmate
    Piglet wrote: »
    Not at all - welcome back anyway! :)

Getting new software is kind of a jubilee year thing. Unless we discover you wrote the anonymous op-ed piece in the NY Times that came from a top Trump administration official.
  • Well, call me numpty, but I’d prefer not to say.🤣
  • Welcome back magnilo.
    Ah. I understand!
  • Rossweisse wrote: »
    Ah. I understand!
    Quite. 😇

• HymnNumber466HymnNumber466 Shipmate Posts: 39
    Hello! Lurked for years. Thought I’d take the plunge.

I’ll be investigating the required reading that new joiners are steered towards.

But, for now, nice to meet you all, virtually as it were.
  • Welcome!
  • @HymnNumber466 you'll certainly fuel wild speculation about which particular hymnal that might refer to!
    Welcome! (Yes, which hymnal?)
  • HymnNumber466HymnNumber466 Shipmate Posts: 39
    Hi, and manythanks for the welcomes.

As for the hymnal, the hymn is Thou Whose Almighty Word...you find the hymnal!
  • Eutychus wrote: »
    @HymnNumber466 you'll certainly fuel wild speculation about which particular hymnal that might refer to!

That was my first thought too. However I see now that all has been revealed.

Welcome aboard.
    edited September 2018
    Welcome aboard indeed, Hymn No. 466!

If you take a few minutes to check out the 10 Commandments and FAQs (links on the main boards page), they should tell you everything you need to know about what's what and who's who.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, All Saints host
  • DardaDarda Shipmate
    I have been watching the on board activity through binoculars from the comfort of a dockside tavern but found the King's Shilling at the bottom of my glass, so here I am on the ship!
    My name? - Definitely not as wise as Solomon, but hopefully not a complete fool.
  • Welcome Darda. Happy sailing!
  • Welcome Darda. It will be interesting to find out which particular King's Shilling brought you aboard.
  • DardaDarda Shipmate
    It will be interesting to find out which particular King's Shilling brought you aboard.
    Just an expression, I haven't actually been press ganged! Just thought it was time to take those first tentative steps up the gang plank :blush:
  • I thought it was a way of saying something being discussed had intrigued you enough to want to post. My response was trying to say it would be interesting seeing what had engaged you. I originally came on board, after lurking for probably a year, because I knew the answer to a question someone had posted in Ecclesiantics - and even then I posted the answer as a private message.
    Welcome aboard, Darda! :smile:

As you've already been lurking, you probably have a good idea of what's what on the boards, but if you have any questions, the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links on the home page) should tell you everything you need to know.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, All Saints host
  • Welcome Darda!
    Welcome aboard, Darda!
  • DardaDarda Shipmate
    Thanks to all who have welcomed me aboard.
  • A belated welcome from me, Darda. I have been on leave, moving house for several days.

Lothlorien, AS Host
  • Erm hello again...
  • Hello, how are you? As if I don't know from Twitter. Welcome back.
    Welcome back, Chukovsky! :)
    Hello, chukovsky! It's good to see you again!
  • jedijudy wrote: »
    Hello, chukovsky! It's good to see you again!
    Seconded!

Welcome back, chukovsky!