Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• I know it's not Thursday yet, Rossweisse, but good luck with the new meds tomorrow.
  • And from me as well. Will be thinking of you. And I hope the Big Deal you are attending this evening is enjoyable.
  • Thor's Day... Perhaps you should take a bloody great hammer and a few thunderbolts along with you to show them you mean business. And our prayers with you, too.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    edited September 2019
    Oh, that's my cousin Donner.

Thank you for the prayers. Last night I developed terrible pain all through my liver and got horribly sick; it was still bad this morning. Now it's a smaller area of discomfort, but it's persistent.

I'm still starting the study drug in the morning, but I told the music director at church that I'll be skipping choir rehearsal tomorrow night. I'm going to give myself some time.

But the Big Deal was fantastic, and well worth going out for!

• Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Hugs for Ross!
  • @Rossweisse - best wishes regarding the study - may it bring you some relief, and comfort.
  • #teamRossweisse
    Thank you.

9/12 was Day 1 of the study drug, and so far I feel basically okay.

• May it ever be thus. To your stations, orneries!
  • T has died. From healthy to dead of bastard cancer on two weeks. It's hard to believe. Please remember her husband H in your prayers.
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    <candles> for T and H.
    Prayers ascending for T and H.

Today was pretty rough. I'm hoping I'll do better tomorrow.

• Prayers for smoother sailing for Rossweisse.

Prayers for H and T. May she rest in peace.
  • So sorry, Rossweisse. May things improve with the morning.
  • Prayers ascending for Rossweisse
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    edited September 2019
    #TeamRossweisse
  • So tired, everything aches and no "nerve reserves"
    Thanks in advance for prayers.
    It will pass in a few days - like 5 after today which is now night here
  • 🙏 @Galilit
    {{{ @Galilit }}}

Today was better, thank you.

• So glad to hear this, Rossweisse.
  • Galilit wrote: »
    So tired, everything aches and no "nerve reserves"
    Thanks in advance for prayers.
    It will pass in a few days - like 5 after today which is now night here
    Thinking encouraging thoughts for you.

• Keeping all in my prayers.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    (Galilit)

(Rossweisse)

All on this thread.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Holding you all in my prayers.
    Thank you!

I tried to do a Normal Day today, and discovered that I'm still adjusting to the study drug. Oy.

• Orneries, to your stations. Broom a clear, smooth path for the curling stone of the new med.
    Bless you, Ohher.
  • Prayers continuing for all who contribute to this thread. May your burdens be light and your pains lifted.
  • I feel like I am in a parallel universe. My mum found a lump in her breast and has had a biopsy. Results are due on Wednesday. Meanwhile I am in a state of numb limbo.
  • @ThunderBunk so sorry. Keep on keeping on and Wednesday will get there. It may not be bad. Mine wasn't - DCIS. Tho' the day surgery was vile.
  • Prayers for @ThunderBunk’s mum 🕯
  • Amen.

Sometimes, ISTM (and I know whereof I speak), waiting for results is worse than the actual knowledge, IYSWIM. Hopefully, Mum, and ThunderBunk, will soon be reassured.
  • Oh indeed! 8 out of 10 "lumps" are NOT CANCER ...
  • A welcome, and salutary, reminder.
    :smile:
  • Assurance, courage, patience, and perseverance for all those afflicted, all those awaiting news and developments, and all those enduring pain.
    <votive> For Thunderbunk's mum
    <votive> For all who suffer from this vile disease

• A longstanding friend of mine just informed me that her husband B has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Surgery is not an option and any chemo he is given will be life extending rather than curative. Buggering sods and bastards! All prayers for B and my friend L much appreciated. (I have been praying through this thread but felt it was inappropriate to comment as it has not been part of my life. God I wish I was still lurking.)
  • Reading and praying 🕯
  • Prayers ascending, tessaB

By the way...
    I think people feel/felt like this about me. So thanks for the insight because I had not thought of it quite that way till I read your post
    <votive> For tessaB's B and L
    <votive> For all suffering from this monstrous disease, in all its myriad forms, whether patient, friend, relation, or caregiver

• ThunderBunkThunderBunk Shipmate
    edited September 2019
    I feel like I am in a parallel universe. My mum found a lump in her breast and has had a biopsy. Results are due on Wednesday. Meanwhile I am in a state of numb limbo.

Actually, the appointment at which the result will be vouchsafed is next week, as I was told last night. Meanwhile, I am visiting them for the weekend. Not the encounter with my parents that I have looked forward to most in my life.....
  • AmosAmos Shipmate
    Swears and prayers.
  • Amos wrote: »
    Swears and prayers.
    What a perfect way to put it. I will be stealing that line.

• HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Thinking of you Thunderbunk. I have had a few lumps biopsied in my time. However much I told myself that the stats were on my side, I was still scared (unnecessarily). The support of friends helped me stay grounded.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Prayers ascending for all, especially Thunderbunk's mum and Tessa's B.

I never imagined I'd be asking for prayers on this thread (who does?), but D., who hasn't been feeling very well for some time (unable to keep food down, dramatic weight loss), had surgery last night for bowel cancer. Mercifully, the operation went very well; they reckon they were able to remove all the cancer and stitch the ends together without need for a colostomy. When I saw him today, he was feeling better than he's done for months, and apart from a bit of wound discomfort was in really good form.

He can't quite believe how lucky he is: he went to the doctor last week, was sent for a colonoscopy yesterday morning, diagnosed yesterday afternoon and operated on last night.

I'm not quite sure which way up I am at the moment - yesterday was such a roller-coaster - but we're hoping that the worst is behind us.

Be assured that you're all in my prayers - cancer doth indeed verily suck.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Goodness Piglet prayer ascending for you and David.
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Oh @Piglet what a shock! Prayers for D and for everyone else posting on this thread.
    Things are still not brilliant for my brother. It's not particularly the cancer but the fact that the operation damaged his pancreas.
  • Prayers for all of you
  • You and D are in my prayers, Piglet. May God hold you in the palm of his hand. What a shock, but good it was found and dealt with so quickly.
    Prayers for all...I won't list names for fear I would miss someone. Happily, God doesn't miss people off lists!!