Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Prayers continuing.

#teamRossweisse
  • Ross, you're in my heart. May God be close, whatever the news...
  • #teamRossweisse
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Rossweise 🙏
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    #teamRossweisse
  • Praying...
  • Ohher wrote: »
    May it be so.

Amen and Amen.

• RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    I just got the news a few minutes ago: The MRI was negative. Something else (the chemo, probably) is causing the headaches. Deo gratias!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I shall enjoy my birthday dinner tomorrow all the more for having this good news.

• Rossweisse wrote: »
    I just got the news a few minutes ago: The MRI was negative. Something else (the chemo, probably) is causing the headaches. Deo gratias!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I shall enjoy my birthday dinner tomorrow all the more for having this good news.

Yey!!!!
  • Great news!
  • Wheeew. Good news, Ross!
  • Good to hear Ross.
  • Yay indeed!
    :smiley:
  • Such joyful news, and a most blessed birthday and many more.
  • Yay!

Enjoy the birthday and birthday dinner.
    Thank you!
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    That's absolutely wonderful news.
  • Happy birthday!
  • What a relief. TBTG for good news. Enjoy your birthday celebration!
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    What a relief, Rossweisse. Happy birthday!

#teamRossweisse
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Great news Rossweisse
  • That's really good news, Ross! Hurrah!!
  • Brilliant news Rossweisse - have a great birthday.
    #teamRossweisse
  • Happy Birthday!

#teamRossweisse
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Fantastic!
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited January 2019
    *sings*

Hippo, Birdie, Two Ewes!
    Hippo, Birdie, Two Ewes!
    Hippo, Birdie, dear Rossweisse,
    Hippo, Birdie, Two Ewes!
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Such good news, Rossweisse. Thinking of you on what I hope is a really special birthday.
    I'm still having the headaches, but now that I know they're not caused by another brain tumor I can better deal with them. And it was a lovely day, capped by a special dinner with three of my dearest friends. (They say they're making a reservation for the same place this time next year. Since one of us is me, and another will turn 96 in two months, that's optimistic - but I'll take it.)

Thank you all!

• KyzylKyzyl Shipmate
    Great news my old AOL compadre!
    Kyzyl wrote: »
    Great news my old AOL compadre!
    It's wonderful to hear from you!

• PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Glad to hear good news, Ross!

#teamRossweisse
    I'm having surgery in the morning, to get the new port. I really need a better hobby.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I hope the procedure goes smoothly Ross and that the port does all it should.

#teamRossweisse.
  • May the surgery go as planned, may the port stay open, and clear from problems. May it bring into your body healing hope.
  • My best wishes for the surgery.

#teamRossweisse
    Thank you. It's in, and the folks at the infusion center used it a couple of hours later for the Taxol.

I am very tired, and very disappointed in my children, who had promised to come and stay overnight with me. They just cancelled.

• Sorry to hear that they were not able to come after all. I hope that you can find someone else who might come over at the last minute. Keep hydrating and sleep well. Glad to hear that it is in.
    They have been pushing my ex-husband as a candidate. That is not happening, and it is odious of them to even suggest it.
  • Shit, and i dont dare expose you to my germs.
  • I'm glad the port installation (as it were) is done and I hope it will all work as planned. I also hope you can get needed assistance.
    #teamRossweisse
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    That is crap that you don't need, Rossweisse, and I'm so sorry. Sadly, I am too far away. May the port do its job and you get the support you need. #teamRossweisse
  • Nenya wrote: »
    That is crap that you don't need, Rossweisse, and I'm so sorry. Sadly, I am too far away. May the port do its job and you get the support you need. #teamRossweisse

Yes, Nenya, my feelings too. That sucks as some of my grandchildren would say. Or stinks as another grandchild would say.

Sending prayers and best wishes from down here. I hope they wake up to themselves.

• O dear.

@Rossweisse , glad to hear the port is in OK. Rest quietly, surf the Net, and try to forget about insensitive offspring (and odious ex-husbands).

Prayers still ascending from this remote corner of benighted Ukland.
    Thank you. I refrained from taking one particular med that tends to make me dizzy, and got through the night safely. It still hurts, though.

In other news, my hair is now coming out in clumps. <sigh>

• Sending prayers and best wishes.
  • Too much suckitude this week. Praying for relief from pain, discomfort, and general annoyance for everyone here.
    I awoke in the middle of the night from pain in my liver; I went through things in my closet with my aide for 45 minutes and had to go lie down. Thank God for the blessings of good friends and cuddly cats, or the suckitude would get to me.

• HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Sorry about the level of suckitude.

Glad you have cuddly cats - they have seen me through some of my worst moments.

Thinking of you
    Thanks! I shall try not to whinge further.
  • What is this thing called Whinge Ing of which you speak?
    :wink:

Sorry to hear about the hair loss, though. Do you intend to purchase a stylish Wig, or might you prefer an even more stylish Bandana, or Headscarf?

Hair loss is not such a big deal for us Chaps (vain though some of us might be), but I appreciate that it can be a traumatic experience for Ladies.