Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• DooneDoone Shipmate
    Oh, @ThunderBunk that’s awful! 🕯
  • Doone wrote: »
    Oh, @ThunderBunk that’s awful! 🕯

Thank you. That's pretty much how it feels right now.
  • idjidj Shipmate Posts: 28
    It has happened again! I just reached my one year mark with no return of the hated 'c'. I went for tests this week at the one year mark and ended up staying in the hospital for a surgical procedure to remove the returned tumours. I've now had 9 surgical interventions after which they've always said "I think we've got it all." Obviously not. At least this time they told me it was an early stage so probably no chemo. Now I'm back on regular tests again. More than anything I'm just tired.

Prayers for everyone who has one of these diseases and everyone affected by them. Blessings to you all!
  • Rossweisse wrote: »
    AuthorDiva wrote: »
    Galilit wrote: »
    Oh that is not at all bad, AuthorDiva ...as my second oncologist said to my 19 year old daughter in 2009: " There are processes in the life and reproduction of cancer cells that we don't completely understand yet". That was in reponse to her question "Why has she got cancer again after she was well for 13 years?"

Hopefully, someday they WILL understand what makes cancer work so that they can prevent it from working at all.
    Let us pray.

(I get annoyed with organizations like Komen, which raise money for "the cure." How about working on "the prevention," too?)

Amen to that.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    {{{ @ThunderBunk }}}

{{{ @idj }}}
  • My friend Vee went for two year check up following successful treatment for breast cancer. Breast area fine but 4 spots seen on lung. More testing planned in two weeks. Her boyfriend of many years proposed yesterday, the day after she received the news. I love him for that.
  • Well, my mother manages to be one of the rare post-menopausal women with triple oestrogen negative breast cancer, and with one of the two sentinel nodes removed testing positive. Further investigations pending.

Fuck this, and fuck the fact that my mum's too shattered to discuss it and all information is coming through my father.

Really sorry to hear this. Will be praying for her and all the family.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    @idj 🕯
    I will see the research oncologist on Monday, and attempt to discuss with him several difficult side effects of the research drug and what if anything can be done about them. I will put up with them if I must (because living, as opposed to dead), but they're damned hard.
  • Praying,
    And I for you.
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Candles for all, especially Ross and LC.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    For Graven Image's Vee.

For ThunderBunk and mother.

For Rossweisse and LC
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Prayers for you all.
  • RooKRooK Shipmate
    #teamRossweisse
  • idjidj Shipmate Posts: 28
    Prayers for Rossweise and everyone.
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    Holding everyone posting here is hope and light.

And orneries.
  • idj wrote: »
    It has happened again!

That's one of the saddest lines in a thread full of them. So sorry, and so sorry you're tired when it's all starting again.

Tears for all.

• Awhile ago I posted about a friend who had stopped chemo and was going into palliative care. She has reached the end and we're just waiting to hear.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Prayers continuing to ascend for all on here.
  • Prayers for everyone here.
    I saw the research oncologist today; he's concerned because I had some major issues with upchucking last week and no obvious reason for same. So he's taken me off the study drug for a week. I find this frightening, since the study drug is the reason I expect to be alive on Christmas morning.

I trust the orneries will see me through!

<votive> For Nicole's friend, for @Robert Armin, and for all others remembered on this thread.
    #teamRossweisse

Praying for your friend, Nicole

For all who post here
  • Reading and praying for all here.
    Praying for flocks of orneries to lift up Ross!
  • bunnywithanaxebunnywithanaxe Admin Emeritus
    The venerable Mom Alves was diagnosed with Stage 4 liver cancer last month, and took her first dose of oral chemotherapy tonight.

Really don’t know what to add.
  • MooMoo Kerygmania Host
    ((Rossweisse and bunny with an axe.))
  • prayers and upholding for all here, especially @Rossweisse @bunnywithanaxe and the Venerable Mom.

My mother continues to be invisible behind a wall of anxiety, though it is less than clear whose this anxiety actually is.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    No words, but praying hard 🕯
  • RooKRooK Shipmate
    The venerable Mom Alves was diagnosed with Stage 4 liver cancer last month, and took her first dose of oral chemotherapy tonight.

Well, fuck.
  • Couldn't have said it better.

Prayers for and love to all.
    <votive> For Mom Alves and @bunnywithanaxe
    <votive> For all affected by this vile disease
  • #teamRossweisse

<votives> for Mom Alves and the bunny
    Back in hospital, waiting for my second course of chemo to start. This time I feel more nervous than before. Last time I was lucky and, apart from tiredness, had no side effects. Maybe I'll be lucky again.
  • Wishing you an easy time and that the people surrounding you are able to provide distraction and comfort as you start again.
    ((Robert))
  • Are you wearing a hat, Robert? There's a huge flock of orneries seeking you out and gathering over you, and you don't want them crapping on your head. Chemo is enough fun without that. And yes, here come our prayers, too.
  • I now have a vision of Robert in one of those clerical shovel-hats, as worn by Trollope's Barchester Chronicles clergy.

Not that I am equating Robert with Mr Slope for one tiny moment, I hasten to add!

Prayers ascending. Do some of the orneries convey them more quickly heavenwards?
  • Poor Robert! Would you like to borrow my umbrella?
  • ((Hugs)) for Robert Armin.
  • Thinking of you @Robert Armin and praying it goes well for you.
  • Martin54Martin54 Deckhand, Styx
    @Robert Armin. Mate.
    I now have a vision of Robert in one of those clerical shovel-hats, as worn by Trollope's Barchester Chronicles clergy.

Not that I am equating Robert with Mr Slope for one tiny moment, I hasten to add!

Prayers ascending. Do some of the orneries convey them more quickly heavenwards?

Did I say I've just reread Barchester? One of the clergy had a sore throat, so spent 12 years in Italy. If only....
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    {{{{Robert Armin, Rossweisse and Bunnywithanaxe and your mum}}}}
  • bassobasso Shipmate

Well shit.

Please let her know that she's in my prayers.
  • ongoing prayers, for those old, those new and those returned.
    And fuck cancer with extreme prejudice.
  • <Pricket stand filling up with votives>
    Ross
    Robert
    Mom Alves and the lumberjack bunny
    Nicole's friend
  • A bit of good news. My friend Vee had these results. The lung nodules are stable, some nodules at the right side resolved. It is overall good news. says her oncologist.
  • Thank God.