Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• ((((((rhubarb))))))
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Everybody in my immediate family gets skin cancer; the question is not whether, but when.

I got my first one decades before my parents. The breast cancer then came as a shock, because both sides tend to succumb to heart disease. But even after all these rounds of chemo, my heart seems to be in pretty good shape. Well, trust me to strike out in a different direction...
  • Oh Rhubarb - prayers for you and your snozz . I am very fond of my own nose and the mere thought of having it reconstructed ...
  • So sorry Rhubarb.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    (rhubarb)

For all who post here
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Oh, @rhubarb, I’m so sorry 🕯.
  • So sorry rhubarb.
  • Ouch! Nasty one, @rhubarb ...this may be cold comfort, but an acquaintance of the former Mrs BF had similar problems.

Surgery, and reconstruction, were entirely successful, and he is now much better-looking than before!

Best wishes, and <prayers>, for the coming process(es).
  • (((Rhubarb)))
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    (((Rhubarb))) and all who post here.
    My brother is having an operation tomorrow to sort out the mess from the last one. I'm hoping it is just going to be a simple matter of untwisting his bowel (if such things are simple) and that no re-occurrence of the cancer is found. My sister in law talked to the consultant today. There are pluses and minuses to the operation, and the minuses are scary. However without an op I guess he'd be stuck in hospital unable to eat for the foreseeable future.
  • So sorry about your brother, Sarasa. I hope and pray that the new operation is successful and that no new cancer is found.
  • Amen. Just the thought of having one's bowel untwisted is painful!
    <votives galore>
  • Quietly, reading and praying.

There is a new puppy chewing on my toes. Ouch- and my achilles.
    Our last pup (5 1/2) died in May from cancer after an acute illness.
    We remember/love him and can love our new addition.

My cousin was talking to me the other day that he is worried that when he dies, his memory will be gone within 2 generations.

I think that after we die, we live on in the memory of others. In the stories and the rituals.
    (In the epigenetics).

As I read this thread, at stupid o'clock in the morning, I have reminders that our stories are a part of others' stories. And combined we make a grand narrative. A farce at times, but wow, what a story.

My prayers for all of you, for the stories shared and unshared. For the tears, for the laughter.

And now I have to go extricate teeth (still attached to their owner) from our coffee table whilst it has four even, albeit thinner, legs.

Peace to you all, suffering, caring and remembering.
  • Patdys wrote: »
    My cousin was talking to me the other day that he is worried that when he dies, his memory will be gone within 2 generations.

I think that after we die, we live on in the memory of others. In the stories and the rituals.
    (In the epigenetics).

I had an interesting experience yesterday at lunch where someone was remembering with joy and pride (that she was there) and in great detail something I had done over 25 years ago. Not someone especially close either. You just never know the effect you might be having...
  • My scan came back: Situation stable.
    No pain, no new pain, no new tumors or spread
    At some point biology will prevail over prayer and attitude ... but not yet
    Indebted to all ...
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    Much luck to rhubard and hope and courage for all aboard this lifeboat . . .
    <votive> For (((Rhubarb)))
    <votive> For Sarasa's brother
    <votive> For all who suffer from any form of cancer
  • Galilit wrote: »
    My scan came back: Situation stable.
    No pain, no new pain, no new tumors or spread
    At some point biology will prevail over prayer and attitude ... but not yet
    Indebted to all ...

May you continue to have good news.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Holding you all in my prayers, especially Rhubarb, Sarasa's brother, Galilit and for the soul of Rae.
    Galilit! Gratitude.
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    With mum's funeral out of the way, I've emailed my family and closest friends giving them my prognosis. Had an immediate, affirmative, response from the friend who's been through cancer herself, and waiting to hear from the rest of them. Hope they're not too upset.
  • @Robert Armin may you have the support you need from family and friends
    Hooray for @Galilit's good news.
    <votive> @Robert Armin
    <votive> @Galilit

I had a brain MRI this morning, and got good news this afternoon: The issues up there are stable. Deo gratias!
  • Excellent, Ross.
  • Super!
  • Great news!
  • AuthorDivaAuthorDiva Shipmate
    edited December 2019
    Great news, Rossweisse!

<votive> @Robert Armin
  • Yay!
  • Deo Gratias!
    #teamRossweisse
    Prayers for you and your family, Robert

Gratitude and happiness, Ross!
  • Yay and Amen.
  • Great news Ross.
    Delighted to hear that Ross! A whole flock of orneries are looping the loop in celebration.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Hooray!
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Excellent news, Ross!!
  • More hooray! Praying for nothing but good news from all here at least through the rest of 2019.
  • Prayers for Robert and continued encouragement for Ross’ orneries
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    Gratitude for all good news (also orneries) and holding out hope and courage for those awaiting news, and may it all be good.
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Good news @Rossweisse . To add to the good news my sister in law has just phoned to say my brother's operation yesterday went really well, and things are looking good for his recovery. In more good news a colleague with a brain tumour has posted that her latest scan has shown no change.
    Prayers for all who post here. @Robert Armin I hope you can now concentrate on your own health after the stresses surrounding your mother's funeral.
    Thanks for all the prayers. With the funeral out of the way, I'm doing remarkably little and enjoying it, so I feel a bit of a fraud when you are all so concerned.
  • Thinking of all of you, for the good, the bad and the ugly (disease).
  • Hurrah for Ross, Galilit and Sarasa's brother.

Love and prayers rhubarb, Robert Armin.

And for all. 🕯️
  • May you feel a fraud as long as possible.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Prayers for all here.
    Oh, hurrahs all around, @Sarasa

You're hardly a "fraud," @Robert Armin.

No surrender!
  • I am wondering whether to make my "stable situation" into a Baby Jesus and Christmas joke with my (Jewish) oncologist
    Galilit wrote: »
    I am wondering whether to make my "stable situation" into a Baby Jesus and Christmas joke with my (Jewish) oncologist
    I think that would be absolutely hilarious. Go for it!

• Prayers and praises for all who are battling this nasty, evil disease!
  • Mum's first dose of chemotherapy is today. Feels less like therapy, more like warfare to me.