Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Birthdays and other anniversaries and significant dates

Comments

• Happy birthday @Moo. We share the day (but not the year).
  • Happy Birthday Moo!
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Happy birthday Cathscats too! :)
  • Happy Birthday, Cathscats!!
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Many happy returns of the day, @Moo and @Cathscats!
  • Thanks all. First birthday in 20 years with no offspring around. Weird!
    (The Giraffe, who is Far Away, sent me a bunch of artificial flowers from Amazon. This morning a text came to ask were they not real? Bless!)
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Oh, the Giraffe is an idealist! Happy birthday, @Cathscats

Happy birthday. Moo!
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Happy birthday to you, Moo!
  • Happy birthday Cathscats!
  • Happy belated birthdays, Moo and Cathscats.

• Happy Thinking Day to all Shipmates who have ever been involved in Scouting and Guiding!
  • Got Rainbows and Brownies coming to church tomorrow.
    That always makes me think of Uncle Pete - he was involved with Scouts, wasn't he?

I've just realised we've whizzed past the anniversary of his death - he died the day before my father did, in February 2018.

RIP.
  • Happy Birthday, Cathscats and Moo!
  • 100 years ago today, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari premiered.

It is in my DVD collection. It was only a matter of time before my silent films collection started hitting centenaries!
  • HugalHugal Shipmate
    Happy birthday to all those who share mine today
    Many happy returns, Hugal! :)
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Happy birthday, Hugal!
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Happy birthday Hugal!
  • North East QuineNorth East Quine Purgatory Host
    It's International Women's Day!

My daughter and I are going to a women's skiff sailing taster session.
  • Keep dry (which, if you are having the same weather as me, seems unlikely)!
    We stayed remarkably dry!

The main problem wasn't staying dry, it was staying seated. I have learned a new phrase "to catch a crab" It means being knocked over by your own oar, and finding yourself inelegantly sprawled on the bottom of the skiff boat.

It was great fun!
  • Today is Barbie's birthday :grimace:
    Facebook tells me that today is our dear friend Wodders' birthday.

However you're celebrating it, WW, I hope you have a good one! :heart:
  • HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    Today is the sixth anniversary of the debut of the World's Best Comic Strip (okay, okay, YMMV), "Breaking Cat News." It would take too long to list all that is great about it, so I will limit myself by giving a link to the Shelter Cats Special Report.

(Note: It is not obvious from the dialog, but the white cat, Lupin, is deaf, which is why he is referred to at the end as a special-needs cat.)
    A sad anniversary, that of the death of Sir Terry Pratchett.
  • I'm surprised no one has mentioned that today is "Pi Day." In the United States March 14 is 3-14. It's also the anniversary of Albert Einstein's birthday as well as the anniversary of Stephen Hawking's death. (I was supposed to be having pie with friends this afternoon, but that got postponed.)
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Today is the sixth anniversary of the debut of the World's Best Comic Strip (okay, okay, YMMV), "Breaking Cat News." It would take too long to list all that is great about it, so I will limit myself by giving a link to the Shelter Cats Special Report.

(Note: It is not obvious from the dialog, but the white cat, Lupin, is deaf, which is why he is referred to at the end as a special-needs cat.)
    Thank you, @Hedgehog! It IS the World's Best Comic Strip!

I read that comic strip, sniffed a bit, and opened a new packet of treats for our Lizzie.
  • HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    That must be because you are not a sociopath, @North East Quine! Excellent!
  • I would give our two rescue cats (he was apparently too ugly as he doesn't have classic mask markings) an extra treat, but they're on a diet as being in double figures is catching up with them!
    Our Lizzie's first owners wanted her put down as a cheaper alternative to surgery after an accident. :(
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Aroha came from the Cats' Protection League. In gratitude for for the comic strip, which I hadn't seem before I will drop off some cat food. I think they may get more cats as a result of covid-19 and people's circumstances changing.🐾😿
    Brava, @Huia. One of the local shelters to which I contribute sent out an email saying that they're on the financial brink; people just aren't making donations in the present climate. Thank goodness for online credit card contributions.
    Happy first birthday to my great-nephew Archie, who's the jolliest, smiliest baby I've ever met - sorry I won't be able to give him a birthday cuddle! :heart:
    Happy birthday to Archie!
    ❤❤
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Piglet, you will have to make up for it in the future - preferably when he's a teenager and even having elderly relations is embarrassing. :naughty:
    Indeed! :smiley:
    Today is my birthday! A sort of depressing one since I shall spend it inside, seeing no one in person, but I did actually venture outside, using the excuse of taking out my recycling, and walked around the block, and got a breakfast sandwich. Later I shall Skype a friend, and call in food for a special dinner.
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Happy birthday, Nicole.
  • Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    Happy birthday NicoleMR. 🥂
    Thank you!
    edited March 2020
    Happy birthday indeed, Nicole! :)
  • Today would be my sister's 71st birthday (she died eight years ago). I am so glad this crisis didn't happen during her lifetime -- she would have been a wreck. Rest in peace, J.
    Part of me is relieved that David didn’t see it either, Pigwidgeon - it would have driven him up the wall.

May he, and your sister, rest in peace.
    Today (April 10) is National Sibling Day. A shout out to my brothers!
    The Mater would have been 100 today. It has been 13 years since she died; I miss her still.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    I was thinking of you and your Mama today, Rossweisse.