Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Don't be greedy Ross. Leave something for the rest of us!
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    ((Ross)) No more incidents, ok?
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    That's the plan, @Robert Armin and @NicoleMR. Thank you! (Don't be jealous, @RooK.)

The story of how my blood pressure became dangerously elevated fewer than twelve hours later is recounted on the "Today I Consign to Hell" thread in All Saints. Today, however, has been pretty normal. Deo gratias.

• DooneDoone Shipmate
    Deo Gratias indeed 🕯!
  • MamacitaMamacita Shipmate
    Good Lordt! That's enough excitement for one weekend, @Rossweisse. And it's only Friday!
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Ross, I hope you have no more Incidents!!!
  • Indeed. May you have a completely normal weekend.
    Thank you. The current plan is to stay within (because rain is forecast) and write for my employer.
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    Indeed. May you have a completely normal weekend.

Given my experience of the new normal, but I suggest you have a joyful abnormal week!
    It really is a strange fucking world we live in. Please feel free to occupy it as long as you wish.
  • AuthorDivaAuthorDiva Shipmate
    I have been away from this thread (and the Ship) for a number of days, so I have been missing all the new information.

@Rossweisse , I am so happy that you are still here with us and were able to call your oncologist on May 1. And I am sorry about your scary incident. I hope you will not have any more of them.

Prayers and thoughts for everyone on this thread.
    Thank you, @AuthorDiva! (If I have another of those Incidents, I have promised to go to the Germ Farm, and I would much prefer not to do that. So I shall focus on not having another one.)
    One advantage of my present situation. I am taking advantage of the good weather by sitting outside, working on my tan, and occasionally going pink. Several people have warned me of the dangers of this. My response is,"What's the worst that can happen?".
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Well done, @Robert Armin 😂!
  • TwilightTwilight Shipmate
    One advantage of my present situation. I am taking advantage of the good weather by sitting outside, working on my tan, and occasionally going pink. Several people have warned me of the dangers of this. My response is,"What's the worst that can happen?".

Exactly! I'll add, "Getting my first good tan, ever," to things I plan to do if my doctor ever gives me a definite timeline. At the top has always been, "Buy a carton of cigarettes and set up a comfy seat on the porch." I quit smoking in 1993 and I still crave them. That's a real downside for COVID-19 for me. I'm sure they frown on smoking with a ventilator.
    As my internist tells me, "You can do anything you want!" (Mostly, I'm staying up consistently too late, and drinking an extra glass of wine whilst doing so. Oh, and there's chocolate involved, too.)

Chocolate should always be involved! (It's almost all I can eat these days, so I am very lucky.)
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate

There's nothing like GIN to flatten the curve, unless it's a treble followed by a double ... should have done it last week
    I also have a Toblerone in the fridge ... payment for a wee translation I did for someone the day before yesterday

Cancer: be damned; Covid19/Corona Virus ditto. I'm still here!
    I shall read Edward Abbey (Monkey Wrench Gang) till I fall asleep

Life doesn't get much better than this these days
    Prayers for all
    Galilit wrote: »
    Cancer: be damned; Covid19/Corona Virus ditto. I'm still here!

Cheers!
    Cheers!
    Raising a glass to you all!
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    I’ll join you!
  • AnselminaAnselmina Shipmate
    Keeping up the prayers for all here!
    This thread has gone quiet. Is everyone ok?
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited June 2020
    Good Lord - so it has!

Hopefully, it's a case of 'no news is good news', IYSWIM, though I think some of the regular denizens have posted recently on Other Threads...
    :worried:

How's yourself @Robert Armin ?
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    My brother is going back into hospital for another operation next week. From what I understand it's to see what's going on as he is still not really any better than he was when he left hospital in January. There will probably be another operation after they've decided what needs doing. I don't know if the cancer has returned or not, but all in all it is a bugger.
  • Cancer, its friends, relatives and the horse it rode in on, are all buggers. I was just about to throw in another seething rant about the lymphoedema that comes with it, but you've heard it all before. As my niece's husband puts it so eloquently, fuc* fuc* fuc* fuc*adilly.
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    Typo fixed.
    Lymphofuckedema.

And I am happy to read every rant, irrespective of what has come before.

Good Lord - so it has!

Hopefully, it's a case of 'no news is good news', IYSWIM, though I think some of the regular denizens have posted recently on Other Threads...
    :worried:

How's yourself @Robert Armin ?

I'm fine, but have problems eating. My diet is now: Weetabix, cheesecake, houmous, chocolate and ice cream, and I'm getting a bit bored with it.
  • That diet sounds pretty good to me apart from cheesecake, which I can't stand, but I suppose anything gets boring if it doesn't vary. While rebooting my own system I found that home-made oatmeal biscuits worked remarkably well. I hope the Ship's universal recommendation of red wine finds its way in occasionally.
    Feeling pretty rough the past 5 days with fatigue and General Weakness- tonight is the last pill of this drug cycle (#27)
    Then 7 days of recovery.
    It's amazing how less bad I feel if I don't push myself. The past 2 days I have been very quiet and planned everything ahead of time to fit in with my Energy Flows. So much has got done!
    I am waking earlier (5am) and it is so lovely and cool (22 degC) and the birds begin to chirp and I sometimes make a little 20 second recording of them on my phone and send to friends. Sometimes I walk out to my "spots" and lately have been sitting at our table-under-the-tree which gives lots of shade. As long as I'm back inside by 9.30 I can avoid the photo-sensitvity of my drugs
    It's a bugger really ... if and when I think about it. But my markers are wayyyy down now, my disease is not progressing and I feel fine (or thereabouts) 20 days of the 28 day cycle. Covid19 is pretty controlled here so that is one less worry
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Prayers for you all 🕯
    edited June 2020
    I'm hanging in - and faithfully consuming my daily doses of red wine, thank you very much. I had my brain MRI yesterday; everything is stable, but the docs in the study research group remain concerned about some little spots that showed up in March. The spots have not changed. Don't said docs have anything better about which to fuss?

• DooneDoone Shipmate
    Well done, @Rossweisse!
  • TwilightTwilight Shipmate
    Yes, well done indeed Rossweisse, everything bad seems to have stopped!

And Galilit I love how your day goes! It's very much like mine and though I don't have cancer I'm old and share your fatigue and General Weakness and like you I love the mornings and plan all my housework for that delightful burst of energy I get then. Energy or caffeine not sure which, I just know that things I can do with pleasure in the morning make me cry in the afternoon.

I'm really happy you're enjoy things again.
    @Rossweisse: "Don't said docs have anything better about which to fuss?"

Agreed. In the UK I reckon that the Tories have so overfunded the NHS that doctors are looking for things to do....
    Today I got word that the neuro-radiologist who wanted to kick me out of the study back in March because he thought the brain freckle was cancer says he doesn't know what it is, but that it's stable, and he's not going to worry about it. Deo gratias!
  • Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen.
    Ahhh-men!
  • Hooray!
  • MarsupialMarsupial Shipmate
    Indeed!
  • Alleluia!
    Super news!
  • Great news!
    Popping open a virtual bottle of champagne!
  • DiomedesDiomedes Shipmate
    There'll be a special toast to you when we open our Friday night bottle of red. Great news!
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Excellent, Ross.
    Prayers of thanksgiving for the good news!
  • AmosAmos Shipmate
    Well! That IS good news. Bless you, Ross.
  • Thank you Ross for sharing the good news.
    Thank YOU, everyone!