Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Firenze.
  • Praying for comfort for all who knew and loved her, Firenze So sorry.
  • My sister Maggie has now been in a hospice a week or so. Her drug regime looks to be optimum, but she is now not eating or drinking. The family visits. The end (please God) cannot be far away.

Dear Lord, have mercy on us poor sinners.

Love to all who post on this comforting thread.
  • Do not worry about the mercy of God, RR. All will be well. Sounds as though Maggie has her bag packed and when the Angel of Death turns up it will be “ where the heck have you been? let’s get moving!”
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Prayers for Maggie and yourself @RockyRoger
  • Praying 🕯
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    🕯
  • thoughts for those suffering or grieving of course.

I am so lucky that I am not doing either, but I had a BreastClinic appt this morning. I have another very small lump. The Consultant said,' Yes, something there. Now, what to do?!' For the present the answer is keep taking the pills, the ones beginning with A, and see him again in three months. My heart could well give up first.

However, :I wake up every morning and carry on as normal! I think this rather surprises Southampton Cardiology!
  • Prayers for SusanDoris. For comfort and peace. Endocarditis is ennervating to live with, but eveeryday is a bonus. Like SD, my cardioologists are rather surprised I am still here!
    No news sbout my sister, which is agonising.

Blessings to all who post here.
  • RockyRoger wrote: »
    Prayers for SusanDoris. For comfort and peace. Endocarditis is ennervating to live with, but eveeryday is a bonus. Like SD, my cardioologists are rather surprised I am still here!
    I haven't heard the word endocarditis so far - I'll google it in a minute.
    No news sbout my sister, which is agonising.
    I agree it is especially hard when it is a much-loved sibling. One of my brothers died six years ago in a, fortunately, very caring hospice.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Take care of yourself 🕯
  • Maggie died this morning. May she rest in peace and rise again in glory.
    Love to all who post here.
  • So sorry for your loss 🕯
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    🕯
    Prayers for you @RockyRoger and for all who loved Maggie.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    SusanDoris wrote: »

However, :I wake up every morning and carry on as normal! I think this rather surprises Southampton Cardiology!

Keep them on their toes Susan Doris - keep doing the unexpected.

• NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    So sorry RockyRoger.
  • I'm so sorry.
  • Sorry to read about your loss, @RockyRoger
  • I’m so sorry, @RockyRoger! Praying for you and your family and friends.

• Bless all of you for your prayers. Spoke with my elder sister today, which was a comfort for both of us. Typically, she has written a poem and is painting a picture.
  • DormouseDormouse Shipmate
    I am sort RR. May God hold you and your family in the palm of his hand
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate
    Dear Partner just tested positive for Covid in a home-test. We'll do official ones tomorrow and by then I hope if I have got it they'll see that because my test just before was negative. I am (we are) vaxxed and boostered to the gills and in the middle of my drug cycle right now so it could be worse, I suppose. The trouble is my lungs are shot from radiation in 2010 and my immune system is not too flash either after 4 years of targeted chemo (whatever it's called) and my bloods are all over the place. (Some high, some low of normal which makes for a colourful printout). Statistics in general here are going down nicely too and we have a nice hospital up the road just 15 minutes
    And it was just my birthday so that's a bigger number to get carved on my headstone.

BUGGER IT
    So sorry for your troubles, Galilit.
  • Bugger it indeed. So sorry @Galilit .

Condolences to those mourning loved ones
    BUGGER IT!
    BUGGER IT!!!
    BUGGER IT!!!!
  • Fuckety fuckety fuck
  • Very sorry to hear and best of, not to mention belated birthday wishes

• Bugger it all, @Galilit, and a happy belated birthday!
    edited April 2022
    Woke up to a whole pile of texts and mails telling me how x got it but y (the partner or kids or whatever in the same house) didn't.
    If anyone can do this it's ME!
    (Arrogance personnified; or as they say where I was born "She thinks she's Christmas!")
  • You are, G, you are😻😻😻
  • And FWIW my 73year old SIL who has chronic lung disease did not catch it from her daughter, SIL and 2 grandkids despite several days if close contact. One can only hope.
    Sojourner wrote: »
    You are, G, you are😻😻😻

High praise from you!
    Official test came back negative ...will see what developes
    I may have to become an Evo if this run of miracles continues!
    @Galilit, arrgh, so sorry to hear this. Prayers streaming out like a river for you and your partner.
  • Galilit wrote: »
    Sojourner wrote: »
    You are, G, you are😻😻😻

High praise from you!

👍for negative test, just don’t go Roman🙀

Just getting my togs ready for my Tiber swim ... with a special pocket for rosaries, you know
  • 😂😂😂
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Praying 🕯
    Just getting my togs ready for my Tiber swim ... with a special pocket for rosaries, you know

Will you sell tickets?
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Fingers crossed @Galilit . Our son had covid over Christmas, and neither husband and I got it.
    @RockyRoger , so sorry to hear about your sister.
    Come on in across the Tiber, @Galilit. (Though the water may be warmer than the spaces on the other side!) Nothing a heart-felt recital of the Five Luminous Mysteries on a water-logged rosary couldn't fix.
    (Arrogance personnified; or as they say where I was born "She thinks she's Christmas!")
    Just have to say I love this, and am now on a mission to import it here.

• Holding you in the light Galillit.
    Going to get a mammogram today, wish me luck and good results.
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Thinking of you @NicoleMR .
  • @NicoleMR Wishing you the best news.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    All the best, @NicoleMR 🕯
    It turns out it wasn't just a mammogram I was having today, it was also breast sonograms. So I did that, the results were reviewed by a doctor and I assume they were good as I was allowed to go home without seeing the doctor. I will see my own oncologist soon and presumably she'll tell me the results.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Hoping for your oncologist to have only good news for you, NicoleMR!