Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    {{{BF}}}
    {{{GG}}}
    You and your families are all in my prayers.

• Sending love to all of you, GG
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    No words except holding the GG family in prayer.
  • Mrs G is in a care home now and it seems very good - only they are trying to 'involve' the Gamalielettes, which is fine in theory but in practice it's leading to them arguing and bickering and upsetting their mum. They contradict each other over minor points of detail because they are fraught, distraught and their emotions are in turmoil.

It all came to a head last night when, in her zeal to make her mum as comfortable the eldest accidentally broke the pump on the air mattress when lowering the bed.

I'd taken them aside individually on several occasions during the day to ask them not to bicker at the bedside but to go elsewhere if they wanted to discuss or argue about something.

The nurses were great, it wasn't their fault but in trying to involve the girls it's making things worse. We've been doing the lifting, the personal care and so on at home - another 48 hours and it would have broken all of us. We're exhausted. It's time we had help.

We've got relatives around this weekend and that should help. I'm finding it very hard, managing my own trauma and that of the girls. The girls get on but tensions between them have risen to the surface and they're trying to score points or to scapegoat one another in their anger, confusion and pain.

They can rationalise all this but no amount of my pleading with them to let these things drop for the sake of their mum who doesn't need this right now, appears to be having any effect.

You bastard, Cancer. You're not content to tear my wife's body apart. You're now trying to set my daughters against one another.
  • 😥

Sorry. I have no words. My thoughts and love are with you.
  • Oh Gamaliel!
    Just wish I knew you IRL and could do something practical to support you.
    Praying for you all

Cancer really is vile- we have two friends here (both the fathers of young children) whose cancer is incurable. I hate it.
  • So hard.

Praying for you all.
  • GG thoughts and prayers with you and yours.
  • Praying daily.
  • Things more settled today and the girls know to get out of the way now when the carers and nurses are doing the meds or washing and so on.

It's a real roller-coaster though. The eldest Gamaliette suggested I fetch down the boxes of photos to take in. I couldn't, I was in complete bits. But I later told Mrs G about them and she smiled that lovely calm smile of hers.
  • No words GG. May God somehow bring peace through this.
  • Amen.
    {{GG, Mrs GG, and the GGettes}}

ION, our Brother R, whose partner Sister T is terminally ill with lung cancer, is sort of grasping at straws as Sister T has UP days and DOWN days, IYSWIM.

They both know (objectively at least) that T's time is short - a few months at best - but I can understand the straw-grasping, nonetheless.
  • Yes. I can understand that too.

All well here. The care home staff are wonderful and the Gamalielettes are doing brilliantly now they know how things work her and trust the staff.

We are grateful for these and other mercies.

Mrs G is as comfortable as can be expected. She can still hear and respond although her sight has faded and it's clear that she is beginning to lose various faculties and functions.

Bless her. May her sufferings not be prolonged and may she come to that place where there is no more crying, suffering or pain.

We are all in good heart, telling her how much we love her, thanking her for all she means to us.

• Mrs G is as comfortable as can be expected. She can still hear and respond although her sight has faded and it's clear that she is beginning to lose various faculties and functions.

Bless her. May her sufferings not be prolonged and may she come to that place where there is no more crying, suffering or pain.

This.

GG, a most trying and difficult time for you all, but do please keep us posted if you can.

Meanwhile, prayers ascending.

telling her how much we love her, thanking her for all she means to us.

Bless you all, too, for giving her what I am sure she most wants and loves to hear.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    {{{GG}}} You and Mrs. G remain in my frequent prayers.
  • It's not going to be long now.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    (GG)
  • Holding you in prayer
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Fucking bloody cancer - I opened an Christmas letter that I thought was from an old workmate, I noticed the style of writing had changed, then a few paragraphs in realised it was written by her husband. E died of breast cancer in September. She is survived by her husband B, adult children and a couple of grandchildren..
  • GG family: praying for you.

Huia, I'm sorry.
  • Mr's G is comfortable and the doctor is pleased about that. It looks like a matter of days now though. We are preparing ourselves.
  • Abundant prayers continue.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Praying for Mrs. G to remain comfortable and for GG and children as they love her and each other.

Huia, what a shock that must have been. I'm so sorry.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    GG and family, thinking of you all.
  • Sorry to hear about your former colleague, Huia.
  • Mrs G' passed away peacefully at 5am. The eldest Gamaliette was with her. I arrived shortly afterwards with the younger one. She looked as if she had just fallen asleep.

She looked herself once more.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • I am so sorry. My condolences to you all.
  • finelinefineline Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    I'm so very sorry, Gamma.
  • I am so sorry. You and you family will stay in my prayers.
  • Blessings GG. They come in many forms. May you know the peace that she reached.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and the Gamaliettes.
  • TrudyTrudy Heaven Host
    So sorry for your and your family's loss, GG. There are no words. Offering only love and prayers.
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Gamma, I'm very sorry to hear this. You (all) remain in my prayers.

MMM
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Oh Gamma, I'm so sorry. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.
  • {{Mrs GG}} May she rest in peace, and rise in glory.
    {{for GG and family}}
  • RooKRooK Shipmate
    [weeping]
  • Piglet wrote: »
    Oh Gamma, I'm so sorry. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

Amen to this.
  • So sorry to hear this, Gamaliel. Prayers for you all.
  • Barnabas62Barnabas62 Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Condolences to you and the family, Gamaliel.
  • jbohnjbohn Shipmate
    Gamaliel - so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and yours.
  • Peace and love to all of you as you come to terms with your new world. May you be warmed by the fire of your memories.
  • I am so sorry.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Gamma, I'm so sorry for you and your daughters.
  • Gamma, I add my tears. Thank you for the privilege of hearing your story, and glimpses of the strength of your relationship. And the cost of the gift of love we have seen you give.
  • I am very sorry.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Gamma, no words but heart prayers.
  • Rest eternal
    Light perpetual
    I'm glad to read the "peacefully" though
  • So sorry for your loss, Gamma.