Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• I'm so sorry Piglet. Many prayers from here and may D rest in peace and rise in glory.
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Oh, Piglet, I am so very sorry. You have my prayers.

MMM
  • I am so sorry Piglet. May peace surround you in the coming days.
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Oh, Piglet, I'm so so sorry.
  • My prayers and condolences too.
  • And from me (regular reader, infrequent poster). Oh hell, indeed - I'm so very sorry.
  • I don't know what to say, Piglet. Prayers...
  • Rossweisse wrote: »
    Oh, Piglet, this is heartbreaking. May his memory be a blessing.

This.
    So much so suddenly and so devastating.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Piglet, I am so terribly sorry.
  • I am so sorry, Piglet. Praying for you.
  • Oh no, I am so sorry Piglet. Prayers and love.
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    No words can express how sorry I am Piglet. May D rest in peace and rise in glory.
  • Piglet, I am so very, very sorry.
  • So very sorry, Piglet.
  • Oh Piglet - so shocked and so very sorry.
  • @Piglet What an appalling shock for you. You will I know be held in the prayers of so many people and at this awful time may you know the kindness that you have shown to so many of us.
  • So horrible @Piglet and so quick! My prayers and my tears for you. With no family nearby, have you support yo can lean on?
  • Oh, Piglet! How awful!
    <little candle for you>
  • Dear @Piglet your news has chilled Mrs BA and I. Such post-operative complications have become so rare that they strike us harder when they occur. You have our fervent prayers and deepest condolences.
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Candle for Piglet.
  • Nick Tamen wrote: »
    welcomed and held in the live that nothing can overcome.
    Just caught this. That should have been the love that nothing can overcome.

Prayers continuing, Piglet!

• ((Piglet))

Shocked to hear this awful news. Kyrie, eleison.
  • TubbsTubbs Admin Emeritus
    [ i ] for D, Piglet and all those who love them.
  • TinaTina Shipmate Posts: 42
    I am so, so, sorry to hear this shocking news, Piglet.
  • So, so sorry. How utterly devastating for you.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Thanks, one and all - your kindness is much appreciated.
  • No. Words. Deepest condolences on your lose, Piglet.
  • It's a day for bad news. My friends husband B died yesterday. Diagnosed on 4th August, initially my friend thought maybe a couple of years, last week was wondering if he would make Christmas and he bloody well dies yesterday! Seriously, she described it as being like 18months in two weeks and she is a district nurse.
    Buggering sods and bastards!!!
    I have known this woman for 54 years and all I could do was cry with her. Why are there no words? Why can't I help? I can't even put my arms round her as she lives miles away!
    You and me God! When we meet - questions will be asked!
  • Piglet, I am so, so sorry

<votive> for D and for you
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    tessaB wrote: »
    It's a day for bad news. My friends husband B died yesterday. ...You and me God! When we meet - questions will be asked!
    Indeed.
    <votive> For B, and those who loved him.

• So sorry Piglet 🕯
  • For B 🕯
  • Not sure is this is allowed here - hosts can flame me out if not, of course. It came recommended by the cancer centre I go to, and seems to be a good resource for patients and survivors, produced by one of Canada's best cancer centres: https://pmcancerclasses.ca/. I've just worked through the first one and found it worked for me.
  • JennyAnnJennyAnn Shipmate Posts: 46
    edited September 2019
    So sorry piglet. I feel i knew (at least partially) D through your descriptions here if his music and love of food.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Piglet, there are no words. Can I just cry with you?
  • So sorry Piglet <votive>
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    JennyAnn wrote: »
    So sorry piglet. I feel i knew (at least partially) D through your descriptions here if his music and love of food ...
    After he had the first operation, he made a list of foods that he wanted to eat/try once he was able to eat again. When I found it in the bag of his stuff from the hospital, it set the waterworks off again ... :cry:
  • Prayers continue, Piglet!
  • So sorry Piglet.
  • So sorry Piglet. You have my prayers.
  • Piglet, I am so very sorry. May light perpetual shine upon him, and may memories and the love of friends sustain you.
  • Piglet, I am so sorry to hear. May his memory be eternal; may his soul reside with the blessed.
  • Wesley JWesley J Circus Host
    So very sorry, Piglet! <votive>
  • Another infrequent poster to say so sorry Piglet. How incomprehensively awful 🕯

• HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Piglet - I've just read this and am thinking of you. I hope you have some good support.
  • So sorry to hear this Piglet. As I long time lurker I enjoyed reading of your and D's music and meals and ambles. Cancer sucks. Look after yourself. [votive]
  • Oh Piglet, I am so very, very sorry for you. My love to you, and look after yourself, especially after all the kerfuffle has quietened.
  • For tessaB - distance makes it so much harder, I know.
    May Light Perpetual shine on B
    Strengthening Prayers for your Friend too
  • Piglet
    so very sorry to hear that dreadful news; too sudden and too sad.
  • Piglet, an infrequent poster but frequent reader, I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes for you. I feel I know D from your posts... the food... the organ magazines which have moved continents with you, the recital here and there..

I’m so sorry.