Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• DooneDoone Shipmate
    Praying for you @Robert Armin 🕯🕯🕯
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Prayers @Robert Armin . I thought nurses weren’t supposed to comment not being qualified. Hope it doesn’t feel too long a wait till the 15th,
  • @Robert Armin that does sound confusing. Praying for a good outcome.
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    So sorry you've been distressed, Robert Armin. May all be well, may you be well, may all manner of things be well . . .
  • Please, God.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Prayers for you from me, too, Robert Armin.
    jedijudy wrote: »
    My Daddy-O is having CT and PET scans on Friday to determine if the large, fast growing melanoma we recently found has spread.

Dad had his surgery the following Friday (tomorrow will be a week since) and has been healing well. The pathology report the doctor gave me this morning was great! They got all the cancer, and the lymph nodes they took had no cancer!

Thank you to all who have prayed and sent healing thoughts for Dad!

• Thank God!
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Great news jj!
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Good news 😀
  • Super news!
  • Great news, jedijudy! TBTG.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Deo gratias, jj!
    Great news @jedijudy . Hopefully equally good news is that my brother has a date in mid December for an operation to try and sort out the mess from the first one in April. Until then he'll still be in hospital being fed through a line. He's remarkably cheerful all things considered. The operation is scheduled for his birthday, let's hope it is the best birthday present ever and gets him on the road to recovery.
  • Amen to that!
    Praying for that wonderful birthday present for your brother, Sarasa!
    Prayers continue to ascend for your brother, Sarasa.
  • ((((((Hugs)))))) for all in their various situations (sorry that sounds a bit like a church intercession - but sincerely meant).
    Some days it does feel like a full-time job. (Whereas I know it's really only half-time, at least for now.)
  • It's a total management project ... if I let one thing slide 2 days in a row ...go I'm sunk!
    I forgot my special herbal tea 3 days in a row: Day 1 couldn't be a*sed, Day 2 ditto and by Day 3 had forgotten all about it and was waking up feeling completely nihilistic. I'd recite a Litany of Negativity for half and hour before rising at 7 am (late for me)
    Back to it (the tea) now tho and wake up feeling like it's actually worth waking up
    Still, I had 22 years before it got quite so critical (for longer than a year at a time, I mean). It was an illness ... I went throught treatments, got over it and thought "That's that then. Beaten you, you bastard!"
    Now it's a whole lifestyle ...
  • Galilit wrote: »
    It's a total management project ... ... I went through treatments, got over it and thought "That's that then. Beaten you, you bastard!"
    Now it's a whole lifestyle ...
    And so it is.

• I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1996, had a recurrence in 2009-10, and was diagnosed with bone metastases in April (?) 2018 ... but it's just in the last 18 months I would say it has become a lifestyle rather than a disease. It's been non-progressive for the past year and a bit (after a massive regression in the first 4 months or so of targeted chemo ) ... so on we go.

• Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited November 2019
    I suspect that 'lifestyle' could describe the effects of many a Fell Disease, not just Cancer, on those afflicted.

I speak whereof I know.

Alas, those NOT afflicted don't always appreciate this...no disrespect to them, of course.
  • Prayers for all of you!

I was first shown the honey badger video last year by a friend who had cancer and had watched it so many times he was saying, "Honey badger don't give a shit," in the most inappropriate places -- making us all laugh inappropriately.

Maybe it should be the cancer mascot, just doing his thing, shrugging off wasp attacks like so much chemo and radiation, letting nothing phase him. Honey badger power to all!
    Cancer is a lifestyle. It's not a pleasant lifestyle, but it dictates far too much of our lives.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Prayers continuing to ascend for you all, especially RA, for disconfusion.
    "Honey badger don't give a shit" sounds like an excellent motto to me! Thank you for the image @Twilight .
  • Reading through the thread and praying. <votive>
  • Martin54Martin54 Deckhand, Styx
    Ross. That's my prayer. Father, amen.
  • Just to say this evening I finished the last pill of my 19th drug cycle - I am looking forward to climbing out of this hole and feeling good in a few days.
    Good, Galilit!

I'm getting a little wobblier. Just now I almost succeeded in tripping myself, and earlier I fell - fortunately, it was gentle and padded, and I didn't hurt anything. But my hip seems to have decayed further, and that raises the risks.
  • Oh crap. Can we teach the cats to run around with a set of pillows?
  • RooKRooK Shipmate
    Or, if you feed the cats enough, they can act as pillows.
    They were concerned. That's a lot.
    For cats, that's massive!

Continued candle lighting for @Rossweisse .
    In waiting room, hoping to see my oncologist. Only 40 mins late so far.
  • Holding you in prayer @Robert Armin
    Things have flared up. The original cancer has grown a bit, and I've got a spot on my lymph node. Even with treatment my prognosis is 6 months to a year. Haven't really taken it in yet.
  • Doc TorDoc Tor Admin Emeritus
    Well. That's not great.
  • I'm so sorry RA. But just remember these people aren't gods, only doctors, and they can (and do) get things wrong or miscalculate.
  • @Robert Armin holding you in prayer.
    Praying for you @Robert Armin
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    edited November 2019
    @Robert Armin prayers
  • Oh dear, Robert Armin.
    <proper old-school votive in a proper wrought iron stand in a nice rural stone church that is never locked>
    Galilit wrote: »
    Oh dear, Robert Armin.
    <proper old-school votive in a proper wrought iron stand in a nice rural stone church that is never locked>

Ah, now that's what I call a candle!
  • Yes indeed, praying for you!
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Praying for you @Robert Armin . Perhaps @Rossweisse could spare a few of her orneries?
  • Hmm. Maybe more Orneries need to be mobilised, instanter?

@Robert Armin - so sorry to hear the news. Thoughts and prayers, as the saying is.

BTW, Our Place (albeit built of brick) has the sort of Proper Votive Candle stand described by Galilit. I shall duly use it at Mass tomorrow...
  • @Robert Armin Holding you in prayer in the coming days.
  • ((Hugs)) Robert Armin, and prayers.