Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• Yes - and be damned to 'clearly defined time-frame'...

It must be something to do with the pure Sea Air breathed by those aboard this good Ship.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Brava, @Galilit the Inconsiderate! Keep it up!
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    May all Shipmates everywhere sign on to the Cult of Highly Inconsiderate Persistent Survivor-ship (CHIPS).
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate

It must be something to do with the pure Sea Air breathed by those aboard this good Ship.

Indeed!
    Also, that I am a Follower (on Instagram) of Our Lady's flowers at All Saints, Margaret Street

https://www.instagram.com/allsaintsmargaretstreet/?hl=en
  • I think that many church flower arrangers would be envious of their apparent budget.
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Here's to breaking expectations @Galilit!
  • Catching up on the thread andthinkin of you all. An old and dear friend of mine is one who would also like to see the end of Trump's career! One of the things that has puzzled her is that she is not in constant pain even though she definitely has terminal cancer all over the place. She questioned the oncologist who said that this sometimes happens. She takes a selection of pills of course, but in any case is a very positive person who, like those here, likes to know exacty what's what.
    Bless your friend, @SusanDoris, and may she remain pain-free.
    Praying
  • Beloved almost 92 year old mother-in-law went to Emergency yesterday with gastric pain, and we were haunted by the colon cancer she had two years ago. But as she reported, "We thought it might be the cancer back, but they did a scan and told me I was full of shit!" Suitable medication prescribed and relief all round.
  • I'm missing posts from @Rossweisse. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about her and praying for her. Very much hoping her oncologist has found some way to by-pass the nurses to allow her to continue her necessary infusions.
    cgichard wrote: »
    I'm missing posts from @Rossweisse. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about her and praying for her. Very much hoping her oncologist has found some way to by-pass the nurses to allow her to continue her necessary infusions.

Amen!
  • And Amen!
  • Beloved almost 92 year old mother-in-law went to Emergency yesterday with gastric pain, and we were haunted by the colon cancer she had two years ago. But as she reported, "We thought it might be the cancer back, but they did a scan and told me I was full of shit!" Suitable medication prescribed and relief all round.

My vivid imagination pictures the nature of that relief... :flushed:
    M-in-L sounds like one Feisty Lady!

And continuing <votives> for @Rossweisse, and all with Fell Diseases, who may well be sensibly Taking It Very Easy in hot weather...

• NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    cgichard wrote: »
    I'm missing posts from @Rossweisse.

Me too. She is much in my thoughts.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Rossweisse stays in my thoughts and my prayers, also.
    She is a special and feisty lady!
  • Rossweisse, and others who post here stay on my daily prayer list. Peace and comfort to them all.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Amen and amen 🕯!
  • If ever these feisty ladies get organised and take over, the rest of us had better look out. But until then, the wordless prayers for them radiate from here and many other places.
    Thank you!

Yes, my oncologist carried the day on the infusion front. I will have one on Monday afternoon.

He was able to carry the day because I had another Covid test, and it, too, was negative. I had to have another Covid test because I am having the scary (actually: terrifying) spinal cord surgery on Tuesday. Prayers would be much appreciated.
  • Prayer offered.
  • Amen
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Praying for you every day, Rossweisse.
  • Prayers, Rossweisse.
  • Amen.
    Thank you. Prayers have carried me through this for almost ten years. I am grateful to you all.

• May our prayers gain you yet more time, and carry you triumphantly through the scary operation.
  • Echoing @cgichard. 🕯🙏🏼
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    Tell them you're a Hell Host. It'll help.
    All the best Ross.
  • As always, Ross. I remember, with gratitude, your encouragement when I had bastard cancer.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Prayers for @Rossweisse and all who post here.
    Really pleased that the other treatment is keeping going, and prayers for the surgery.
  • MarthaMartha Shipmate
    Likewise. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday.
  • #TeamRossweisse
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate
    Prayers ascending
  • Prayers for everyone here. And special intentions on Tuesday for Rossweisse.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Prayers for @Rossweisse and all in need 🕯
  • Praying for you all.
    #teamRossweisse
    I have another CT scan tomorrow. I'm hoping they will find something that they can do something about.
  • TinaTina Shipmate Posts: 42
    🕯Ross, and Robert
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    Robert - My hope for the scan results of peace and resolution
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Prayers for @Rossweisse for tomorrow and @Robert Armin for today.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Ross and Robert 🕯🕯
  • Amen!
    Scan done; will let you know results in due course. Circumstances around the scan were horrendous, but got through.
  • not entirely menot entirely me Shipmate
    edited August 2020
    I don’t post here but read. Prayers with you Ross for Tuesday & Robert Armin with results. .xx
    Thank you all.

((( @Robert Armin)))

I will have surgery bright and early Tuesday morning. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Prayers will be prayed - God understands time zones better than I.

Best wishes Rossweisse.
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Prayers for Ross and Robert.
    Lots of prayers for @Rossweisse