β€Ί
Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    @Mamacita, thank you. (And anytime you feeling heading this way with a stuffed spinach pizza, just let me know!) Many thanks for any and all prayers on my behalf.

Prayers ascending for @Robert Armin; rejoicing with @Galilit. Amen.

• NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Prayers for all on this thread and those suffering but who don't feel able to ask. It's always lovely to see your name on a post, @Rossweisse .
  • I'm with Rossweisse this morning, just doing minor aide things. She is of course definitely out of the study she has been in for so many months, but there is a possibility of a different study that could be helpful and maybe give a bit more time, provided she can qualify. The main issue here is going to be kidney function, if you all would pray for that. Pain is another biggie--being Ross, she of course wants to stay cognitively intact, and pain pills and brain radiation both interfere with that. Please pray that God gives her and the doctors the wisdom to make the best choices going forward.
    Thank you for the update, LC. Continuing prayers for Ross and others here.
  • Amen
  • and Amen.
  • Amen. and thank you for your update and care.
  • Yes, thanks @Lamb Chopped - and continuing <votives> for both yourself and @Rossweisse
  • Rossweisse
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Thank you, LC. Praying for @Rossweisse πŸ•―
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    May lovingkindness and wisdom, mercy and peace attend us all.
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Thank you @Lamb Chopped and prayers for @Rossweisse
  • Prayers and thanks.
  • AmosAmos Shipmate
    Prayers ascending. Glad you're there LC.
  • Amen.
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Prayers ascending
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    -votive-
  • Thank you for the update, @Lamb Chopped. πŸ™πŸΌπŸ•―πŸ’ for @Rossweisse and @Galilit and @Robert Armin and all on this thread.
  • LouiseLouise Epiphanies Host
    And here!
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Here, too! Thanks for the update, LC, and thanks for being there.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Thanks for the news LC, praying for @Rossweisse and all who post here.
  • Praying πŸ•―
  • Thank you LC. Prayers for @Rossweisse, and all others attending here.
  • Wordless prayers for Rossweisse, her fellow adventurers and carers, radiating strongly from here.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Praying.
  • Just catching up on this thread - praying for all, and much prayer from the Chapter House for Galilit and Rossweisse in particular <votive>
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    May all who post here be comforted and sustained, and may Rossweisse find ease and release from pain.
  • Amen.
  • Prayers for Rossweisse and gratitude for all Lamb Chopped is doing to help.
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    Prayers for all on the thread.
    I had a moment of clarity last night. There are two outcomes, for myself, I would be happy with: miraculous healing (not expecting it) or death (which will happen, sooner or later). Then I realised there is a third option: going on existing in this way, possibly for a long time, which wouldn't be fun. That, for me, is very much, "Lord, let this cup pass from my lips". Right now I am trying to pray honestly, "But not my will, but yours be done".
  • <votive> Robert Armin
  • idjidj Shipmate Posts: 28
    Prayers for all. Prayers particularly for Rossweisse, Galalit and all who need them most.
  • Praying.
  • Praying for Robert and all.
  • Prays for Ross and everyone else here. I am zoned out on pain pills and must go to bed early tonight. Tomorrow I see a cardiologist to see if my heart can handle an outpatient procedure to find out if I have cervical cancer! I had a heart attack in 2004 and...sigh.

My maladies are nothing compared to Rossweisse and Robert Armin, etc. May God hold us all in Her tender embrace.
    Prayers for The5thMary, Galilit, Robert, Ross, and others. Lord, in your mercy...
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    πŸ•―
    Prayers for @The5thMary. For what it's worth, I often feel a fraud posting here, as I'm not suffering that much really. Luckily Shipmates are long suffering and patient with me.
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    Please, dear friends: no measurements or comparisons of sufferings and pain. We only know our own because it's all we need to know.
  • May God hold you all in the palm of His hand
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    With all going on, I check daily, read and pray. My prayer for peace for all who are suffering, supporting and caring.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Prayers ascending for all in need.

@Lamb Chopped has been a wonderful friend and helper in the last few days. This morning she took me to a terrific chamber concert by members of our local symphony orchestra, and said that she enjoyed it. She also did some shopping for me. She has been a great helper. May all in my situation have so good and generous a friend!
  • @Lamb Chopped thank you for the update and for being there for our dear Rossweisse.

<votive> Robert Armin
  • It's easy to do for a friend like Rossweisse. (Not to mention the excellent music!) Praying, as always, for the people on this thread.
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    <Happy dance>
  • Reading and thinking of you all.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Praying and thankful for you all πŸ•―