Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Birthdays and other anniversaries and significant dates

Comments

• ((Piglet))
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Thinking of you Piglet.
  • LatchKeyKidLatchKeyKid Purgatory Host
    ((Piglet))
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    (((Piglet)))
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Thanks everyone - I marked the occasion with a lovely lunch with some of the family (and lots of cuddlage with two of the littlies). David would have approved! :heart:
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    ((Piglet))
  • Nick Tamen wrote: »
    {{{Piglet}}}

Yes, from us also.
    Thank you! 🙂
  • I was baptised today at one of the few Anglo-Catholic parishes in the staunchly evangelical Diocese of Sydney.

Oh, I'm an alien. I'm a legal alien. I'm an Anglo-Catholic in Sydney.
  • Congratulations, @PsalmbodyOnceToldMe! And prayers for you as you begin this new journey.

I think you’ll find at least a few other Anglicans in or around Sydney (who will note they’re not “Sydney Anglicans”) onboard the Ship.

Congratulations indeed!
  • Congratulations!
    Congratulations, @PsalmbodyOnceToldMe! And prayers for you as you begin this new journey.

I think you’ll find at least a few other Anglicans in or around Sydney (who will note they’re not “Sydney Anglicans”) onboard the Ship.

AFAIK, none of the Aust Anglicans on board ship (albeit it that there aren't many of us left) is a Sydney Anglican.

PsalmbodyOnceToldMe - congratulations on your baptism and prayers for you.
    Congratulations on your baptism @PsalmbodyOnceToldMe.
  • Was that at a certain shrine church @ Railway Square?

Congratulaions.
  • PsalmbodyOnceToldMePsalmbodyOnceToldMe Shipmate Posts: 5
    @Sojourner Bingo! I was baptised at that naughty naughty shrine church
  • I have a long and fond association with same ; sang in the Evensong choir for a good few years. Very funny when outed as a Roman😂
  • Gee D wrote: »
    Nick Tamen wrote: »
    Congratulations, @PsalmbodyOnceToldMe! And prayers for you as you begin this new journey.

AFAIK, none of the Aust Anglicans on board ship (albeit it that there aren't many of us left) is.

There was a brief appearance from CJS a few months back after his attendance at GAFCON; probably 20 years after his last posting
    Now I'm curious. How did you get ousted as a Roman?
  • Outed not ousted!!!!
    Haha time to get my eyes checked
  • Joined the choir, and was assumed to be A-C. The giveaway was my admission that I’d never heard ( much less sung) “ Stand up, stand up for Jesus”.
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Sojourner wrote: »

There was a brief appearance from CJS a few months back after his attendance at GAFCON; probably 20 years after his last posting

Thanks - I'd overlooked his return.

• 45th and 38th birthdays for first and second born tomorrow: fewat of the Guardian Angels😂😂

A very nice lunch with firstborn and his lovely partner; #1 daughter & her sig other in Hobart with amiable spouse so will celebrate with them next week.

Where have 45 years gone??!!
  • Feast of Guardian Angels: clearly mine was asleep on duty
  • LatchKeyKidLatchKeyKid Purgatory Host
    Today is the 10th anniversary of Julia Gillard's Misogyny Speech rebuff to the man who, as Prime Minister, declared himself responsible for women's policies and programs.
    Happy birthday in Heaven to my mum, who would have been 95 today. ❤️
  • Today is the 10th anniversary of Julia Gillard's Misogyny Speech rebuff to the man who, as Prime Minister, declared himself responsible for women's policies and programs.

Well remembered👍

• HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I looked that speech up several years ago. It was amazing.

Today would have been my late father's birthday. He died 10 years ago and I miss him.
  • HM King Charles III is 74 today. Many happy returns Sir 🎂
    Happy birthday to him indeed.
  • Happy Thanksgiving to our US shippies.
  • Thank you, @TheOrganist!
  • Thank you! I had a lovely Thanksgiving!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I think a national day of giving thanks is a wonderful tradition.

I am giving thanks today that our tiny volunteer community library, with only about a dozen volunteers raised over $600 at our Open Day today. We were scheduled to hold it last Saturday, but the hall was double booked, and as the rain was a Noah like deluge we packed up and tried again today.

It was lovely, there was a brief sprinkling, but it only lasted a few minutes. The foot traffic was amazing and there will be people who will now have a vegetable garden to supply them this summer thanks to the skills and generosity of the partner of one of the volunteers. Local business donated gifts for the nine raffles.(I hope I don't win the huge basket of dog supplies as I only have a cat) .

The suburb in which I live may be one of the poorest in Christchurch - but that's only so far as income goes - in other ways we are very fortunate.
  • Well done, @Huia!
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    edited November 2022
    Very much a community.
    Happy Advent, one and all!
  • Today is my 84th turn around the sun. I made myself a lemon cake from my lemon tree which is loaded with fruit this time of year. I have been thinking of my favorite New York City Deli, The Stage which closed this year. Whenever I visited the city I always treated myself to lunch there. So this Gentile girl is making matzah ball soup and ordering bagels lox and cream cheese for our local deli. Oh, and a dill pickle, must have a dill pickle. Not as good as the Stage, but not bad. Not on my kidney disease low sodium diet, but one day of cheating a year is not bad I think.
  • Nick TamenNick Tamen Shipmate
    edited December 2022
    Happy, happy birthday, @Graven Image!!

(And as for the diet, my doctor and my nutritionist told me regarding my low sodium heart healthy diet that as long as I was good 90% of the time, I could eat whatever I wanted the other 10% of the time. :wink: )

• Happy birthday @Graven Image
    (And as for the diet, my doctor and my nutritionist told me regarding my low sodium heart-healthy diet that as long as I was good 90% of the time, I could eat whatever I wanted the other 10% of the time. :wink: )

I have to admit once on a low salt diet salty things often no longer taste good and are not worth the cheat. Happy to report lunch was yummy and only tasted a wee bit too salty.

• I have to admit once on a low salt diet salty things often no longer taste good and are not worth the cheat. Happy to report lunch was yummy and only tasted a wee bit too salty.
    I agree. My wife was actually on a low salt diet for years before my heart attack, so we’ve long been sparing with it, and we both often think things elsewhere are too salty. My cheating, I must admit, generally has more to do with fat than salt.

• Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Nick Tamen wrote: »
    I have to admit once on a low salt diet salty things often no longer taste good and are not worth the cheat. Happy to report lunch was yummy and only tasted a wee bit too salty.
    I agree. My wife was actually on a low salt diet for years before my heart attack, so we’ve long been sparing with it, and we both often think things elsewhere are too salty. My cheating, I must admit, generally has more to do with fat than salt.

Although neither of us has any heart problem, we decided some years ago to cut out adding salt as salt in cooking except where really necessary - eg making bread. That does not stop adding a bit of chopped bacon/ham/anchovy, but more for flavour.
    Many happy returns, GI - hope you have a lovely day! 🥯🎂
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Happy birthday, @Graven Image!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Lemon drizzle cake sounds like a brilliant choice. Happy Birthday.
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Happy birthday @Graven Image , hope you have a lovely day.
    Have a lovely day @Graven Image , and enjoy your special meal. Shame you live too far away for me to come and have a taste of your lemon cake.