Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• Respect.
    And recognition it is ok to want to be done with the pain and discomfort.

It is a privilege to read your story Rossweisse.

Thank you.
    My ongoing prayers, oh Hell Host extraordinaire.
  • The note from Rossweisse was a ray of sunshine in the middle of the night. Or perhaps the sound of a Wagnerian trumpet. The wordless prayers are echoing back to it.
  • LouiseLouise Epiphanies Host
    Rossweisse, so glad to see your posts. Praying for you.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
  • Love and prayers @Rossweisse
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    May the Feline Ministry to the Sick comfort you Rossweisse. You will always be my hero for your tenacity.

And thank you Lamb Chopped for your loving work.
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Lovely to see @Rossweisse and thank you @Lamb Chopped for all you're doing.

Holding all here with prayers and tears this morning.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Rossweisse, you're a total hero - prayers ascending from over here, and sending love.
  • Ross, I am thinking of you all the time and even opened my internet on Shabbat!
    Huge thanks to LambChopped for her sterling work!
    I'll be seeing you in Not Very Long ... save me a space near you and with A Good View of the Ecclesiantical Goings On. Failing that at least somewhere quiet and secluded to which the incense wafts in clouds of heavenly fragrance when the wind is right and where we can hear the Flights of Angels singing on on their way
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Love and prayers for @Rossweisse and @Galilit, and praise for @Lamb Chopped .
  • Love and prayers for @Rossweisse and @Galilit, and praise for @Lamb Chopped .

Good to see you @Robert Armin How are you doing yourself?
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Praying for all, but especially for @Rossweisse at the moment - what an indomitable spirit! May peace be upon you 🕯
  • Love to Ross, and all who need prayer today.
  • GwaiGwai Epiphanies Host
    Every day. May it be well with you, Rossweisse.
  • what can I say? Can hardly type for my tears of gratitude for all you dear folk praying, especially Rossweise!
    Lisa's PICC line is (painfully) in place, first dose of chemo delivered. Lisa asleep. She has good support from husband, mother in law and (a real answer to prayer) her estranged mother.
    Many thanks for all your prayers. My love to all.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Rossweisse, thank you for posting here! You are a powerful Valkyrie!

Lamb Chopped, it occurs to me that you are being an angel/Heavenly messenger in the same way Saint Sebastian did for us with Miss_Molly! God bless you real good!
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    Galilit wrote: »
    I'll be seeing you in Not Very Long ... save me a space near you and with A Good View of the Ecclesiantical Goings On. Failing that at least somewhere quiet and secluded to which the incense wafts in clouds of heavenly fragrance when the wind is right and where we can hear the Flights of Angels singing on on their way
    I seem to have something in my eye. :cry:

Holding you all in love and prayer, including @RockyRoger 's Lisa.
    jedijudy wrote: »
    Lamb Chopped, it occurs to me that you are being an angel/Heavenly messenger in the same way Saint Sebastian did for us with Miss_Molly! God bless you real good!
    Yes. That's a very lovely thought. I never knew Miss_Molly but I followed her Fields of Gold thread and still reread it from time to time.
  • Love and prayers for you Rossweisse 🕯
    For all else who post here 🕯
  • Considering this is an internet based group where very few people have ever met anyone else who posts - some of you are totally inspiring and I'm so glad to have you in my virtual life. I don't know much about prayers any more but I am joining my love to yours who understand it better.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    That Lisa responds well to treatment and Rosse is not in pain 🕯
  • LeafLeaf Shipmate
    Rossweisse: I am grateful for your life on the Ship. I remember with admiration your epic arguments with IngoB, and how fitting your title of "High Church Valkyrie"! I thought of you as fierce and graceful, neither giving nor expecting quarter.

I am glad I got to see your face and hear your voice on the Good Friday virtual worship.

"The heavenly host" in the New Testament has always seemed to mix images of choral singers and warriors, and I never understood why, until now. I hope to see you again, and to recognize you in that great host: fierce and musical and graceful as ever.

May you have freedom from pain, and the peace that passes all understanding.
  • Ross: I have no words - but I'm here, even though I'm half a world away...
  • Just said you (online) Compline, Ross.
    Bed time here.
    I lit a small 50-shades-of-purple candle in my gorgeous wee C.15 ironwork candle holder (Italian hand-made reproduction). It has lovely ironwork embossings and a wee ring for your fore-finger and thumb so you can carry it before you.
    The Office was sung by a Scots woman cleric from Edinburgh in a wee chapel in a larger church ... and it ended with the Sub tuum praesidium ... facing a lovely statue of Our Mother and her little Son in one arm. There was a smallish half-circular pricket~stand underneath with just the right number of candles lit and not too many.
    You'd have loved it ... and the priest's voice too
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Prayers ascending for all on here, especially Ross, Galilit, Robert Armin and Lisa.
  • Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    I'm not sure how I'm doing. Very tired, and aching a lot. But warm and comfortable. It's all a bit confusing.
  • Holding up Robert Armin, Galilit and Rossweisse. No words; just the love of our community.
  • Praying for you!!!
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Prayers offered from my little corner to Rosse, and Robert, and Gallilit, and all who are fighting this disease and all who support the fight. Kyrie Eleison, Christe Eleison. (Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy.)
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    Rossweisse, here's hoping that somehow my best wishes make themselves known to you. Being an inspiration to others may not have been your goal in life, but it's one you're achieving anyway. Thank you for being who you are, and may the rest of your journey among us be as easy as possible. My love to you and your kitties.
  • finelinefineline Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    @Rossweisse, I am praying for you and sending much love.

Thank you, @Lamb Chopped.

Praying too for Lisa, Galilit and Robert Armin. 🕯
  • Lisa 🕯
    Galilit 🕯
    Robert Armin 🕯
    Rossweisse 🕯
    and for Lamb Chopped, ministering🕯
  • Dear Rossweisse, be assured that
    "As o’er each continent and island
    The dawn leads on another day,"
    in the Antipodes, and across the pond,
    your Shipmates' prayers for you are never silent
    nor does the praise for your courage fade away.
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Dear Rossweisse,

Exactly as cgichard says.

And for Lamb Chopped’s ministry.

MMM
  • My prayers for you continue @Rossweisse. Be at peace.
    And for @Robert Armin be at rest.
  • Adding my thoughts for continued courage and strength for those suffering so much.
  • HelixHelix Shipmate
    Holding you all in my thoughts
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    I would like to add that I'm so glad you have been brave enough to join our little back stage crew, Rossweisse. I understand some very good wines have been added to the stash in addition to the GIN. Thanks for not letting us scare you away! Many gentle hugs to you!
  • BelisariusBelisarius Admin Emeritus
    If you didn't see my previous post, Rossweisse, I want to thank you for your talent, spirit, and dedication.
  • AmosAmos Shipmate
    Prayers ascending from these regions for @Galilit , @Robert Armin , Lisa, and all others suffering here or elsewhere, especially right now a young father in one of these villages; he, his wife, and his 2 year old have been self-isolating since March as he goes through not-very-hopeful chemo.

And all my love to @Rossweisse. Ross, I was remembering you yesterday on St Cecilia's Day, thinking the time you came over here and we met for lunch, and all your writing, here and elsewhere, your singing, your outspoken loves and hates--sending love, and giving thanks. To paraphrase Browning, 'Rossweisse, who loved well because she hated/Hated wickedness, that hinders loving.'
  • May flights of angels ( and orneries!) sing thee to thy rest. Prayers daily for you, Ross.
  • TubbsTubbs Admin Emeritus
    @Lamb Chopped when you next speak to @Rossweisse tell her it was an honour and a privilege to crew alongside her and send my love. Thank you so much.

Holding us all in the light. [Sorry, can't even begin to be Hellish right now]
  • Bryan is unconscious. Pray for her.
  • O Lord, support us all the day long of this troublous life, until the shades lengthen and the evening comes, the busy world is hushed, the fever of life is over and our work is done; then Lord, in thy mercy, grant us safe lodging, a holy rest, and peace at the last, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
  • If Bryan/Rossweisse's time has come, I pray that it is as peaceful and easy as possible. She's been a wonderful part of the Ship, as well as so many other people's lives. She's always in my prayers.
    :heartbreak:
  • Prayers ascending ...
  • finelinefineline Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Praying
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Praying for @Rossweisse and all that love her, both in real life and on the ship.
  • Amen
  • TubbsTubbs Admin Emeritus
    Safe journey home @Rossweisse.
  • O Lord, support us all the day long of this troublous life, until the shades lengthen and the evening comes, the busy world is hushed, the fever of life is over and our work is done; then Lord, in thy mercy, grant us safe lodging, a holy rest, and peace at the last, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.